PDA

View Full Version : International iBookstore May 28th

HelveticaNeue
May 7, 2010, 08:31 AM
Looks like us international folks will be able to enjoy the iBookstore on our iPads starting on May 28th. Apple Press Release: "The iBooks™ app for iPad including Apple’s iBookstore will be available as a free download from the App Store on May 28." I've checked Canada, UK and Australia, they all say it.

This is especially exciting to me as a Canadian since our publishers haven't really joined the ebook train, yet. I assume all my US iBooks will play nice.

Aydin
May 7, 2010, 03:41 PM
I can't... I can't believe it. I'm reading the Canadian press release over and over again and it DOES say iBooks will be available for download on May 28 :o

Apple hasn't added iBooks to the features list on Canadian iPad page. :confused: Maybe they'll do it later or on launch day.

Macjames
May 7, 2010, 03:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Looking forward to this! Though the kindle app will tide me over until then.

0blivion
May 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
YESS! I had a feeling that Apple would release the iPad here in Canada without the Bookstore. Darn me, doubting Apple :p