Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Hi there,

I have Powerpoint on the PC, and there you are able to rehearse and save timings, i.e; say you have a project and have music in the background, you can go to the next slide depending on when you click 'Next' or whatever?

Get what I mean?

So you're able to rehearse timings so you don't have to control it, it's kind of like a movie.

If you can let me know how to do this with Keynote 09' that would be great.

Thanks,

Jack.

steveoc

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Adirondacks NY
Yes, you can. On the Inspector palette, select the first tab on the left--the Document Inspector. About half way down the palette, toggle Presentation: Normal to Self Playing. The you can set the time intervals to whatever meets your needs.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Yes, you can. On the Inspector palette, select the first tab on the left--the Document Inspector. About half way down the palette, toggle Presentation: Normal to Self Playing. The you can set the time intervals to whatever meets your needs.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

This only sets it for all of the slides, can I not do it individually?

steveoc

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Adirondacks NY
Go to the next tab on the Inspector Palette: Slide Inspector. Click the Transition Button. Toggle Start Transition from On Click to Automatically and set the delay as desired. You need to do this for each slide transition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.