PDA

View Full Version : G4MDD DVD Drive fitting...

stvli
Oct 1, 2004, 08:04 AM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a DVD RW Drive for my MDD, only problem with it was that the drive didn't come out of the Door. I tried it on both the top and bottom and both failed to open. Has anyone else had this problem?

jeremy.king
Oct 1, 2004, 11:23 AM
Wont open at all? or the door is preventing it from opening?

You followed the right install procedure in this manual (http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/desktops/PowerMacG4DualSU.PDF)

You are trying option + eject?

jabbawok
Oct 2, 2004, 02:07 PM
I have fitted a Pioneer 107 AKA superdrive to my MDD and its fine.
just checking a few things.
Did you replace the combo or is it fitted aswell as the combo?
have you checked in system profile under ATA to see if its there?
Is it set to master, slave or cable select. ( I would set it as master and the combo drive as slave).
in mine the superdrive is in the top set as master and the OE combo is in the lower bay set as slave, and i had to remove a metal blanking plate from the lower drive bay when fitting.
Hope I can help..

caveman_uk
Oct 2, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a DVD RW Drive for my MDD, only problem with it was that the drive didn't come out of the Door. I tried it on both the top and bottom and both failed to open. Has anyone else had this problem?
You need to take the drive out. Open the door using the little hole on the front and a pin/straightened paper clip. You then need to remove the front of the door on the drive tray. It should just be clipped on. The Apple drives have this door removed and standard PC ones don't.