PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Taylor arrested for Sex with a Minor..

rhett7660
May 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
Wow....

Another set back for this guy.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37024236?gt1=43001
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5171884

waloshin
May 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
Yes, though she was a prostitute so his fault. And also he will likely get away with it as he's a celebrity.

No sympathy.

rhett7660
May 7, 2010, 04:49 PM
Yes, though she was a prostitute so his fault. And also he will likely get away with it as he's a celebrity.

No sympathy.

I agree... This is going to be interested to see if those comments he made way back when about his like for prostitutes will come back to bite him in the butt.

Cheffy Dave
May 7, 2010, 06:36 PM
What a P.O.S.,complete waste of air and space on the planet:eek:

Mac N Tosh
May 7, 2010, 06:48 PM
What a P.O.S.,complete waste of air and space on the planet:eek:

Yea, but the greatest NFL player to play the game...(Cept Namath of course !!)

rhett7660
May 7, 2010, 06:52 PM

I don't think I would say he is the one of the greatest nfl players.... he was definitely a great defensive player..... but not the greatest. And since you said Namath, sounds like there is a NY bias going on.. :D

RayStar
May 7, 2010, 06:53 PM
I believe this old has been is guilty as charged! Lock him up ASAP.

goatless
May 7, 2010, 07:28 PM

'Course, he's no Ben Roethlisberger. :rolleyes:

fotografica
May 7, 2010, 07:45 PM
'Course, he's no Ben Roethlisberger. :rolleyes:

At least BR went after girls that were at least 18..

The complainant in this case is 16. That's statutory rape, with a complainant between 15 and 17, and a defendant over 21. Given Taylor's criminal past:
In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.
In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.
In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out..

goatless
May 7, 2010, 08:26 PM
At least BR (allegedly) sexually assaulted girls that were at least 18..

There. I fixed it for ya ;)

FWIW, I think both should be in the joint, if found guilty.

rhett7660
May 7, 2010, 09:46 PM
There. I fixed it for ya ;)

FWIW, I think both should be in the joint, if found guilty.

Well Big Ben isn't even going to court... no charges. But LT, if they pursue it, well it doesn't look good...

Counterfit
May 9, 2010, 02:41 PM
I believe this old has been is guilty as charged! Lock him up ASAP.

Yeah, because the court of public opinion is obviously the best place to determine guilt in a criminal case. You heard the man LT, waive your 6th amendment rights! :rolleyes:

MacNut
May 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
This is an interesting case, did he know she was 15 when he had sex with her.

Abstract
May 11, 2010, 08:49 AM
I think Lawrence Taylor should be charged with having sex with a prostitute, because that's what he did.

I think the pimp should be charged with sex with a minor, because that's what he forced the girl to do. Every crime related to having sex with this underage girl (and other prostitutes of legal age) should be charged to him.

Unless LT knew she was under 19 (which I doubt), or that's what she personally told LT (which I also doubt), I don't think he should be charged for rape. This may not be the law, but it's what I believe to be fair.

eawmp1
May 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
At least BR went after girls that were at least 18..

The complainant in this case is 16. That's statutory rape, with a complainant between 15 and 17, and a defendant over 21. Given Taylor's criminal past:
In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.
In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.
In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion.It will be interesting to see how this plays out..

None of which indicated a prior history of pedophilia. He should be charged with solicitation. If she "sold" herself as 19, the statutory rape charge should be dropped.

rhett7660
May 14, 2010, 12:48 AM
And now the story takes another turn:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Lawrence-Taylor-teen-prostitute-rape-charge-051210

The 16-year-old prostitute whose claims about having sex with fallen football star Lawrence Taylor led to a rape charge against him bragged to a friend about making “easy money” because “I didn’t even have to ******* him,” a source told New York Post in remarks published Wednesday.

ntrigue
May 14, 2010, 02:20 AM
Straight out of requiem for a dream?

RayStar
May 15, 2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah, because the court of public opinion is obviously the best place to determine guilt in a criminal case. You heard the man LT, waive your 6th amendment rights! :rolleyes:

WHOA I believe he did not know she was underage. I think the little hotties should be locked up also for lying about their age if asked. Now you know he was thinking with the head above his neck.