Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToTo Man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
This one really has me stumped, and I've tried everything I can think of and I'm still not able to get any photos from my Mac Pro w/Snow Leopard onto my iPod touch. :mad:

Here's the situation:

- I have photos in iPhoto '09. I have events created, and albums etc.
- I connect my iPod Touch and launch iTunes.
- In iTunes I click the Photos tab on the iPod touch section and check the box 'Sync Photos from iPhoto', then check the box 'Sync selected...'.
- My events and albums are displayed below this.
- But here's the problem, when I tick the box of the event or album I want to sync, the number 0 is displayed to the right, presumably implying that there are zero photos in this event/album, even though there quite clearly are photos in these events/albums when I go into iPhoto or seek them out in Finder.
- When I click Sync, no photos are transferred to the iPod.
- I've also tried manually creating a folder with photos in it in the Finder, then pointing iTunes to sync from this folder, but still the number 0 is displayed to indicate there are no photos in the folder.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? :confused:

ToTo Man

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
I think I've found what's wrong. I renamed all of the photos manually in my original photo Folder (before I started using an app like iPhoto) and in doing so inadvertently removed the ".jpg" from the name. I didn't see the harm in doing this at the time since the Mac still recognised them as jpg files and chose the correct program to open the files in without any issues. But it seems like iTunes isn't recognising the photos unless the .jpg extension is present in the name. Is there a way around this, or am I going to have to go back into the finder and rename the 40GB of photos I have one by one? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.