PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook g4 15" crashes when connected to Webshuttle

mytaxcareer
Oct 1, 2004, 04:17 PM
Hi there

I have been using an iMac 10.2.8 with a Hermstedt Webshuttle for ADSL connection. Just bought a Powerbook G4 15" and downloaded the latest updates from Hermstedt in order to use ADSL through the same Webshuttle. When I move the USB cable that currently connects the Webshuttle and iMac to the Powerbook G4, it trys to connect to the internet and then crashes. Happens every time. All the settings on the Powerbook and the iMac are the same and I have asked Demon, Hermstedt and Apple for help to no avail.

Can anyone help me please ?

Many thanks

Chris

wrldwzrd89
Oct 1, 2004, 04:34 PM
Hi there

I have been using an iMac 10.2.8 with a Hermstedt Webshuttle for ADSL connection. Just bought a Powerbook G4 15" and downloaded the latest updates from Hermstedt in order to use ADSL through the same Webshuttle. When I move the USB cable that currently connects the Webshuttle and iMac to the Powerbook G4, it trys to connect to the internet and then crashes. Happens every time. All the settings on the Powerbook and the iMac are the same and I have asked Demon, Hermstedt and Apple for help to no avail.

Can anyone help me please ?

Many thanks

Chris
I think there's an incompatibility somewhere between something else you've installed and the kernel extensions the Webshuttle software installs. Do you have any other software that installs kernel extensions installed? If you do, try removing it to see if that fixes the conflict.