Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pckilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
oregon
I just got my iMac and the internal microphone doesnt work...not really that big of deal but spending $2000 dollars on a computer i want everything to work.so i called appl and was on the phone for about 40min and they finally told me to re-install osx and the call them back if it still wasnt working.so i re-installed it...still doesnt work called them back and theyt put me on hold.they get back on and say to take it to the nearest apple store to have it repaired...but the nearest store is about 2 hours away.

Im thinking about calling back but does anyyone have any other suggestions before i do...im getting angry though.is this normal? :confused:

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Call back and immediately ask for a supervisor/manager. When connected, speak calmly and explain your situation. Ask what your options are to get it repaired. If you don't want to do the Apple Store, then you will have to ship it to them and wait for it to be returned. They will pay for the shipping, so no worries there, but you will be without a machine.

pckilla

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
oregon
I called back and they are sending me some tags to put on the box to ship back to them and they are sending me a brand new computer!so once again apple shows why there great! :D

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Wow, a whole new computer because of a bad internal mic!? Looks like there is a going to be a refub iMac G5 popping up on Apple's site soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.