Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I have WAY too many apps. When the iPad is plugged in and selected, under 'apps' I see no way to discern which are iPad vs. iPhone apps. Ideally, I'd like to be able to quickly see/select only iPad apps if I wanted. But they're all jumbled up together.

Is there any tweak that can be done to make this all a bit more elegant? Am I missing something? I was hoping the newer iTunes could section this off but nope. Any ideas?

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Hmm... when I'm in grid view (middle option) on iTunes it clearly delineates iPod/iPad apps.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I think he meagain means in the sync window, when you are choosing what app to synch.
there is no way I see.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I haven't noticed a way either (when syncing in iTunes)

What did happen the first time though is that, if there was an iPad version, the App app told me there was an update.

I've kept myZenfolio and Speedtest even though there is no iPad equivalent.

The rest I deleted from the iPad.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
I have WAY too many apps. When the iPad is plugged in and selected, under 'apps' I see no way to discern which are iPad vs. iPhone apps. Ideally, I'd like to be able to quickly see/select only iPad apps if I wanted. But they're all jumbled up together.

Is there any tweak that can be done to make this all a bit more elegant? Am I missing something? I was hoping the newer iTunes could section this off but nope. Any ideas?
Click on the Apps window in iTunes, make a note of which Apps are Universal & which are iPad only Apps, sync your iPad to these Apps once & your done.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
I think he meagain means in the sync window, when you are choosing what app to synch.
there is no way I see.

Right (except I'm a she). That's unfortunate that there's no good way around this in iTunes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.