PDA

View Full Version : Meadowhall, Sheffield, UK

lukefinch
May 9, 2010, 02:04 AM
Is anyone else going to be there on the 28th?

MacSiggy
May 19, 2010, 04:52 AM
Looks like it'll be just you and me! Hopefully we'll be able to grab one.

One Love 1867
May 19, 2010, 05:37 AM
I would have been had they allowed in store pick ups but alas, I'll be sat at home waiting for UPS.

daleksec
May 19, 2010, 08:08 AM
Will be sat at home waiting for the doorbell also i'm afraid.

bluntcave
May 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'll be there too!

EdReeves
May 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
I'll be there, although I've never been to an apple product launch. Does anybody expect any queues at Meadowhall.

lukefinch
May 24, 2010, 11:31 AM
Not if this list is anything to go by!

I've got a 16gb WIFI coming via TNT on the 28th that my mum is kindly waiting for while i go to meadow hall with a friend to buy his.

I really dont think that there will be much of a queue, but if there is, just ask people if they're from macrumors and we can let eachother jump into the line;)

What time are you planning on getting there for? Meadowhall opens at 9:00am...

EdReeves
May 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna do my best to be at meadowhall for around 9am, I'm determined to get one on the day.:D

MacSiggy
May 25, 2010, 04:17 AM
I think I'll be there about 9am-ish. I'm trying to play it cool and not appear too keen, but in reality I want to start queuing now!

bluntcave
May 25, 2010, 06:40 AM
Just called Apple up, the store is opening at 8am!

MacSiggy
May 25, 2010, 07:34 AM
Just called Apple up, the store is opening at 8am!

Sshhhh, let's keep this to ourselves :D

Thanks for that, looks like it'll be just before 8am for me then!

EdReeves
May 25, 2010, 09:55 AM
I don't understand what is going on with the opening time. Meadowhall itself doesn't usually open its doors till 9am, so will meadowhall open early just for apple at 8am?
If i'm wrong please correct me.

lukefinch
May 25, 2010, 11:00 AM
it looks like it;

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/meadowhall/

Im getting my dad to drop my and my friend off after he finishes work at 6:30 am.

WE WILL BE THE FIRST IN LINE!!!;)

BTW - how old are you guys that are going?

bluntcave
May 25, 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm 27... Full grown adult getting giddy like a 5 year old... So you know it's me, I'll be wearing a Futurama t-shirt, unless it's dirty, in which case I won't be.

MacSiggy
May 25, 2010, 12:48 PM
The doors used to open quite early near Marks and Spencer. I used to park near there and walk through to get the train.

I'm 34. WIll I be the oldest in the queue?

What's everyone getting, I'm guessing that there will be more of the 16GB than 64GB. I want 64GB WiFi but I'll settle for a 32GB on the day, if I can't get one.

bluntcave
May 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
The doors used to open quite early near Marks and Spencer. I used to park near there and walk through to get the train.

I'm 34. WIll I be the oldest in the queue?

What's everyone getting, I'm guessing that there will be more of the 16GB than 64GB. I want 64GB WiFi but I'll settle for a 32GB on the day, if I can't get one.

I'm aiming for the 64GB WI-FI but will settle for the WI-FI + 3G, I have alot of digital copy films so I really could use the large disk space.

EdReeves
May 25, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm going for the 64GB wifi too, I don't really wanna go for any other version. but in the excitement of it all i may get the 32GB if the 64 is out of stock.

oreo75
May 25, 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm 27... Full grown adult getting giddy like a 5 year old... So you know it's me, I'll be wearing a Futurama t-shirt, unless it's dirty, in which case I won't be.

I'm a 35 year old girl, think I'm going to the oldest queuing! I'm going to bluewater to get mine, just looking at the other treads to see what time people are queuing from.

lukefinch
May 26, 2010, 06:08 AM
It looks like my friend and I will be the youngest there, we're both 16.

We're planning on picking up one 16GB WIFI+3G

Thanks for the tip about M&S by the way, thats where we will be going!

nickknight
May 26, 2010, 07:25 AM
I think I will be the youngest there! I'm 17 and will be getting a 32GB 3G+Wifi iPad hopefully! :D

I just read the post above, damn! lol

lukefinch
May 27, 2010, 08:37 AM
I got my Ipad 16G WIFI delivered by TNT today...

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/crazy-luke-finch/DSCF2575.jpg

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/crazy-luke-finch/DSCF2577.jpg

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/crazy-luke-finch/DSCF2580.jpg

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/crazy-luke-finch/DSCF2586.jpg

You are going to love yours!

See you tomorrow!

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
Damn you lukefinch! lol Congrats.

I'm just hoping tomorrow will be fairly easy and not akin to the opening of Saving Private Ryan.

nickknight
May 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
Looks like I will now be coming alone since my friend bailed out on me... :(

Do you think me getting there for 7am is too late?

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 11:30 AM
Looks like I will now be coming alone since my friend bailed out on me... :(

Do you think me getting there for 7am is too late?

I've been thinking about that too. I really have no idea when is sensible to go. I called Meadowhall and the woman on the phone said that the Oasis entrance would be open at 7 for staff, so I guess it's a good time.

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 12:23 PM
Phew, 33 (although I lie and say 29) so not the oldest there.

I'll be the geek wearing my 'geek' t-shirt :)

My arrival time is a closely guarded secret :D (but I'll be up even before myu 4 month old :( )

Queuing up for a product I've pre-ordered but won't arrive in time is bad enough. Thinking about what I'll be wearing has driven me to the edge :D

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 02:31 PM
My arrival time is a closely guarded secret :D

I'll say if you do. :D

MacSiggy
May 27, 2010, 02:38 PM
I'll say if you do. :D

I think you should get there about 10am :)

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think you should get there about 10am :)

That sounds like a good idea. I should imagine the queue will only go as far as Rotherham at that point lol.

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 02:51 PM
It will (probably) be before 7......but defo after 5.

Unless I just can't get up, in which case it WILL be nearer 10am!!

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
It will (probably) be before 7......but defo after 5.

Unless I just can't get up, in which case it WILL be nearer 10am!!

My time will be in the 5am area. My alarm will be going off at 4.20. I'll get up, grab a Maccy D's breakfast (5am) and figure out if the doors to the Mal are open. If not, wait outside. Having said that, a store staff member told me a guy was staying over night, so presumably, they would have to keep the place unlocked (for fire regs).

nickknight
May 27, 2010, 03:22 PM
My time will be in the 5am area. My alarm will be going off at 4.20. I'll get up, grab a Maccy D's breakfast (5am) and figure out if the doors to the Mal are open. If not, wait outside. Having said that, a store staff member told me a guy was staying over night, so presumably, they would have to keep the place unlocked (for fire regs).

Do you guys think they will have plenty of the cases in stock?

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 03:25 PM
Do you guys think they will have plenty of the cases in stock?

I dare say they'll have more accessories than iPads in stock.

nickknight
May 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
I dare say they'll have more accessories than iPads in stock.

Haha, if the worst comes to the worst, i'll just have to buy a case then and pretend for a while :L I wonder how many people will be there haha? I would be shocked if there were more than 20 haha

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 03:34 PM
I understand you'll be able to get in at that at 5.30/6 - maybe before.

Not sure about having someone stop overnight (whether meadownall would allow it) - That's a bit extreme isn't it?

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 03:40 PM
Haha, if the worst comes to the worst, i'll just have to buy a case then and pretend for a while :L I wonder how many people will be there haha? I would be shocked if there were more than 20 haha

There was a fairly big queue when 10.5 was released - I only went for a t-shirt (which is too damn small!!)

I'd be very happy with 20 people queing tomorrow (unless they only have 19 ipads!!)

MacSiggy
May 27, 2010, 03:41 PM

I emailed them today and they said that the central doors will be open at about 6am. I'm a bit dodgy health-wise (nothing contagious!) so I won't be going too early as the queuing may be a bit hard. Hoping to get there no later than 7am.

I really don't know what to expect tomorrow, I keep imagining that the whole country is as excited ad I am, but in reality most people don't know about it.

bluntcave
May 27, 2010, 03:45 PM
I emailed them today and they said that the central doors will be open at about 6am.

Thanks dude!

nickknight
May 27, 2010, 03:46 PM
Oh God, I'm going to have to get there earlier arn't I haha

nickknight
May 27, 2010, 05:55 PM
Do you guys think they will activate them past the connect to iTunes screen in store for us?

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 11:35 PM
Good morning to whoever has just said hello. Wasn't being ignorant, brain hadn't woke up yet! :D

lukefinch
May 27, 2010, 11:54 PM
It turns out I'm not going early now, my friend couldn't get the money together to get one today!

I'm going to Meadowhall later at about 10:30 so he can see one then and then he hopes to buy one next week, I tole him he was crazy and they will sell out by the end of the week, if not today.

I am really disappointed now, this would have been my first apple launch:(

Good luck to those who are still getting one, let me know how it all goes!

Sent from my iPad.

Jowl
May 27, 2010, 11:58 PM
About 25-30 people in the queue here I reckon. I'm about no 23!

Can somebody bring us a coffee? :D

One Love 1867
May 28, 2010, 12:27 AM
On my current time schedule, I'll be there from about half 7. Enough time for a case?

Jowl
May 28, 2010, 12:40 AM
On my current time schedule, I'll be there from about half 7. Enough time for a case?

I'd say so.

About 50 here now. I'm going to wait and see some 3rd party cases

MacSiggy
May 28, 2010, 01:22 AM
I'm at the end of the first row. Don't know how many in front, maybe 50. Probably about 100 here now. I'm feeling quite confident I'll walk away with something.

nickknight
May 28, 2010, 01:23 AM
Jesus I'm about 30th in the que and there are about another 30 behind me, think they have ran out of room for people to que? Lol

MacSiggy
May 28, 2010, 03:14 AM
Back home. I got my 64Gb Wi-fi. I was tempted to to get the 3G version at the last minute but resisted. I wonder if they've run out yet? I got the last camera connector adapter.

One Love 1867
May 28, 2010, 04:14 AM
Just got back myself. More people there than I was expecting, to be honest. I was feeling a bit tense over stock even though I knew my iPad was sat at home.

Picked up my case. Have to say I'm impressed, particularly with the slanted viewing angle.

bluntcave
May 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
Back home. I got my 64Gb Wi-fi. I was tempted to to get the 3G version at the last minute but resisted. I wonder if they've run out yet? I got the last camera connector adapter.

I'm home too, just syncing it (64GB +3G). I hate the first sync of these things, always takes ages and all I want to do is play!

I was about 20th in the queue and I got out at about 8:30. All in all, not bad... Plus, free water! :D

MacSiggy
May 28, 2010, 04:27 AM
I'm home too, just syncing it (64GB +3G). I hate the first sync of these things, always takes ages and all I want to do is play!

I was about 20th in the queue and I got out at about 8:30. All in all, not bad... Plus, free water! :D

The let me jump the queue a bit because I was getting a wi-fi only. Most people seemed to be getting 3Gs. Quite good really as the bloke behind me pushed in front of me as we were getting closer.

I was amazed with how quick they were serving people, it's usually pretty slow in there on a normal day.

nickknight
May 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm loving my 32GB 3G that I picked up this morning :) well worth the waiting in line haha x

Ol!ver
May 28, 2010, 05:07 PM
I walked past the store tonight and they were queueing again - I assume people finishing work were going down to pick up iPads. Glad I got mine imported, I'm not sure my heart could have taken that place today, looks manic! :)