PDA

View Full Version : MacRumors, promoting... Windows Server!

jimjiminyjim
Oct 2, 2004, 01:44 PM
I know there's been mention of some inappropriate advertisements coming on Macrumors... check this one out!

Placed in the MacRumors Buyers Guide...

NusuniAdmin
Oct 2, 2004, 01:50 PM
Whats so bad about that? If anyone is stupid enough to click on it it is their own fault.

jimjiminyjim
Oct 2, 2004, 02:02 PM
Umm... it's just funny.

Doctor Q
Oct 2, 2004, 02:06 PM
If Microsoft wants to pay MacRumors for advertising space, I think we should be glad to take their money.

King Cobra
Oct 2, 2004, 08:24 PM
All 56.7 of it, too. :D

virividox
Oct 3, 2004, 06:26 AM
i thot it was kinda funny too; but hey if they pay for the ability to communicate with each other and celebrate macs great ;)

besides windows machines serve their purposes too :)

zv470
Oct 3, 2004, 05:11 PM
I just finished watching Pirates of Silicon Valley. About the beginnings of Apple and Microsoft. Has anyone seen it? I wonder how much of it is true.

Doctor Q
Oct 3, 2004, 05:23 PM
I just finished watching Pirates of Silicon Valley. About the beginnings of Apple and Microsoft. Has anyone seen it? I wonder how much of it is true.Do a search and you'll find dozens of MacRumors threads that mention it, including a poll.

Mechcozmo
Oct 3, 2004, 09:52 PM
How do you like Tiger? I see the Apple logo is a silvery color, and the menu bar is a little bit different, so I conclude that you run Tiger?

And you need to make money however possible...plus those ads make money on a per-click basis. I wonder if they were hoping to get any "swappers"...