PDA

View Full Version : 3G iPod crashes when playing a song!

Mechcozmo
Oct 2, 2004, 02:26 PM
The problem: A 3G 20GB iPod crashes when a certain song is played. It shows the Apple logo, and when it is done restarting, all the preferences are reset but all songs are still there. It only happens with this one album (NOT a playlist). All the songs cause it to crash. Run the iPod Updater from Apple's website and it says that the sofware is up-to-date.

Edit: It is my friend's iPod, and it is a Windows sync. But I do know a lot about his iPod (helped to fix it before with something else) and we are in constant contact.

The solution: Up to you.

jackieonasses
Oct 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
My suggestion is go to your computer and reload the whole ipod. go to the ipod updater in utilites. and click erase and whatever (i cant remember) then import all of your songs back into it. see if that works.

or just reimport that song.

stg30rg3
Oct 2, 2004, 07:01 PM
Try holding down the menu key and the play key until the pod shuts off. We pod users tend to be carelss about turning it ALL the way off once in a while. Odd behavior with songs are usually linked to that. (It's what I was told when mine behaved badly and it seems to work.) :cool:

slooksterPSV
Oct 2, 2004, 11:27 PM
With windows it should see it as a Massive USB Storage device, so I would try using scandisk and then defragging it. This may help or you may try redoing all of the songs (ripping them from the album again, but at a lower KB Rate) that may help too. Hope that helps.