Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markwise

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Almere / Netherlands
I run Snowleopard on my MBA.

One day is all worked smoothly ,the other day I got the instructions to press down the power button and to retry to start.

But it doesnt start.

Today I only see the apple logo and the rond ongoing circle.

Apple person suggested to reboot via superdrive.(SD)
Connected the SD trried to insert the disk but it wont "swallow" the disk as it normally does.

Now what ? Any suggestions ???

ProstheticHead

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Seattle, WA
One day is all worked smoothly ,the other day I got the instructions to press down the power button and to retry to start.

It's lupus.

Just kidding.

That's a kernel panic. Kernel panics are bad. You'll need to take it into an Apple Authorized Repair Center and have it looked at. It could be any number of things.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I run Snowleopard on my MBA.

But it doesnt start.

Today I only see the apple logo and the rond ongoing circle.

Apple person suggested to reboot via superdrive.(SD)
Connected the SD trried to insert the disk but it wont "swallow" the disk as it normally does.

Now what ? Any suggestions ???

There's no power to the USB SD if it will not accept the disk. The MBA doesn't send power to the USB SD until the MBA is turned on and in a certain part of the startup process. You must not be getting that far in the startup process and that's why the MBS SD isn't getting power to accept the disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.