Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdomz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I just picked up a 17" LCD made by a company called Advueu. Yeah I know what your thinking, it's a no named company so it must be terrible. I thought so too until I read 150 positive reviews from newegg.com:

"17 LCD

The picture quality on this thing is fantastic at 1280 x 1024, plus It is very bright and has a 16ms response time. Unfortunately mine does have 1 pixel stuck on red :( but It isnt very noticeable. Almost all of the reviewers at newegg had zero dead pixels so I guess I'm just not very lucky.

The best thing is I picked mine up at Tigerdirect for $199 after rebates (assuming I get the rebates, but they did honor my Canon printer rebate last year:) )

Tigerdirect link

If you live anywhere near a tigerdirect outlet It's definitely worth the drive. I've heard mixed reviews about ordering online from them (they can't touch newegg in that department) but you still can't beat the price. I have mine hooked up to my laptop and the increase in screen size and brightness is fantastic. I'll definitely consider a 12" Powerbook now that I have a decent LCD to hook it up to at home.

bdomz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
yeah it definitely doesn't score any points for looks but honestly it doesn't look that bad in person. I think it wouldn't look too bad paired with an aluminum powerbook as they're close to the same color. If I had a G5 desktop I'd probably spring for a more aesthetically pleasing screen. I'm just psyched that I found a decent 17" LCD for $200. I thought I'd have to wait at least another year for prices to come down that low.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
bdomz said:
yeah it definitely doesn't score any points for looks but honestly it doesn't look that bad in person. I think it wouldn't look too bad paired with an aluminum powerbook as they're close to the same color. If I had a G5 desktop I'd probably spring for a more aesthetically pleasing screen. I'm just psyched that I found a decent 17" LCD for $200. I thought I'd have to wait at least another year for prices to come down that low.

I see what you're saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.