Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrinceDraven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
London, UK
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck finding a Pogo Sketch in the UK??

The only place I could find was Amazon and they want about £8 in postage, so I assume it is not in the UK anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Hi,

Has anyone had any luck finding a Pogo Sketch in the UK??

The only place I could find was Amazon and they want about £8 in postage, so I assume it is not in the UK anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

+1! would love a pogo sketch but not wanting to pay £8 shipping.

May have to go for a cheaper/different one!

PrinceDraven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
London, UK
+1! would love a pogo sketch but not wanting to pay £8 shipping.

May have to go for a cheaper/different one!

Quick tip, just got a 'cheaper' model (from Maplin) and it works fine for clicking things etc, but the tip is rubber and grips the screen so it is not at all useful for drawing (the reason i wanted one).

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
I bought one off of eBay from this guy a couple of weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/B39-Pogo-Sket...Accessories&hash=item35a8f8e067#ht_3215wt_941

I paid £10.99 with free shipping, seems that he's changed the price a little since then. Took a while, (like 3 weeks, was wondering if it was ever going to come) but since it's shown up it's been great. And a lot cheaper than buying direct from Ten One Design in the US...

Hi

I've been looking at getting one of these for when my iPad comes.

Do you use it for drawing or writing - I want it for note taking ideally. I was wondering if you use it for this and if so, how well does it work for you?

Thanks

- D

phjohnst

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Hi

I've been looking at getting one of these for when my iPad comes.

Do you use it for drawing or writing - I want it for note taking ideally. I was wondering if you use it for this and if so, how well does it work for you?

Thanks

- D

So far I've just been using it for some light sketching it on my iPhone, but really I'm looking forward to my iPad arriving in a couple of weeks.

It takes a little getting used to, ie it's not quite as precise as a pen (though quite good) and you have to push a little harder than you might think. But the screen does a really good job of picking up different levels of pressure.

I like the note-taking idea, and I'm looking forward to trying it out when the iPad shows up. Writing much of anything on the iPhone screen is a little weird, but it works.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
Quick tip, just got a 'cheaper' model (from Maplin) and it works fine for clicking things etc, but the tip is rubber and grips the screen so it is not at all useful for drawing (the reason i wanted one).

I just got one as well for £4.99.

Is it really any good or should I take it back?

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
So far I've just been using it for some light sketching it on my iPhone, but really I'm looking forward to my iPad arriving in a couple of weeks.

It takes a little getting used to, ie it's not quite as precise as a pen (though quite good) and you have to push a little harder than you might think. But the screen does a really good job of picking up different levels of pressure.

I like the note-taking idea, and I'm looking forward to trying it out when the iPad shows up. Writing much of anything on the iPhone screen is a little weird, but it works.

Cool - that's good to know.

Thanks for the info.

- D

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
have a search at dealextreme.com
got mine for next to nothing and free worldwide delivery.
takes about 10 days to get to the UK

bigstick

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2007
Wales, UK
Pogo Sketch is not a 'normal' stylus!

The thing that everyone needs to be aware of is that the Pogo Sketch is not the same as any other iphone stylus. As the name would suggest it is designed specifically for sketching. Consequently the stylus tip is slimmer and allows more precision.

I have tried another stylus and it's hopeless. The usual Pogo stylus (which is what the previous poster has referred to) is not the same and reputedly not as good.

eBay is your best bet.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
The thing that everyone needs to be aware of is that the Pogo Sketch is not the same as any other iphone stylus. As the name would suggest it is designed specifically for sketching. Consequently the stylus tip is slimmer and allows more precision.

I have tried another stylus and it's hopeless. The usual Pogo stylus (which is what the previous poster has referred to) is not the same and reputedly not as good.

eBay is your best bet.

I need something to write with. Is the one the guy linked to not any good for that?

bigstick

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2007
Wales, UK
To be honest, I don't know. I have just ordered the Pogo Sketch on eBay from the US for $12.49 including postage.

If you want fine control and more precision, I would go for the Sketch for this money.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
I modded mine by stretching a piece of nylon over the tip and taping it in place.
Like a charm it works.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
To be honest, I don't know. I have just ordered the Pogo Sketch on eBay from the US for $12.49 including postage.

If you want fine control and more precision, I would go for the Sketch for this money.

Just to clarify - the Pogo's are the same, the only difference is the length of them. The Stylus is shorter, the Sketch has a pen clip.

From their FAQ:

What is the difference between the Pogo Stylus and the Pogo Sketch?
The Sketch and Stylus differ only in length and loss-prevention mechanism (the Stylus comes with a clip to attach directly to the iPhone or iPod touch; the Sketch itself has a built-in pen clip). The materials and tips are the same. In practice, they may be used interchangeably with all models of iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

In the case of an iPhone/Touch, the stylus is shorter than the device, allowing it to clip to it with one of their clips. The Sketch would stick over and get in the way.

We are waiting to order another one until they release the rest of their new products.

AND, FYI, I ordered 2 at Christmastime and had a defective one. They were night and day for using - but TenOne rocked and shipped me a replacement out the day i emailed them and paid for return postage for the bad one to see what was up with it. It took an insane amount of pressure to register on the screen at all - not anything like the other one we had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.