Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
ok so im in the miliatry and im trying to get an iPad 32gb 3G before next month which is when i leave for NC for 2 weeks of training. question is i want to bring this with me to the field but im afraid if it rains which it might ill ruin it. so does anyone currently make a decent preferrably water proof case yet? or another similar case that would work? i mean i guess i could always use a big ziplock bag to get some level of water proofness. what kind of cases do you all use? unless its water proof, i prefer not to have hard plastic cases ive never been much of a fan for them but im open to suggestions.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I know Otterbox will be coming out with their Defender for the iPad pretty soon, but don't know exactly when. While that is not totally waterproof, it is about as close as you can get in a case. I have one for my iPhone and it is darn near indestructible. :D

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I know Otterbox will be coming out with their Defender for the iPad pretty soon, but don't know exactly when. While that is not totally waterproof, it is about as close as you can get in a case. I have one for my iPhone and it is darn near indestructible. :D

FWIW the Otterbox, ironically and unfortunately, won't be water proof.

bigwayne3000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
thanks a lot guys. as ridiculous as that last one looks it is better then spending $90 for otterbox and also the chance of something happening to it weather wise when im out in the field. even if something does happen im planning on getting that SquareTrade warranty so ill be covered incase someone f's it up on me. thanks again!

pat3ck

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2010
Yeah, it doesn't really look sexy or anything but it serves its purpose. I'll try to see if there are other water proof cases around. :)

Starbucker

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
Just bought a pelican 1080. They are tough stuff but it is a transport case only. It fits perfect and I wouldn't hesitate to toss it in with luggage, tools, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.