Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hissori

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I can't find a list of games that will be released tomorrow. Does anyone have it?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Ah thats disappointing. I was hoping for tf2.

We didn't say TF2 wouldn't be out. It's just that Valve wasn't exactly clear about it in its press release. If not tomorrow, then we'll have some new game every wednesday, so no idea which wednesday will have TF2.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
We didn't say TF2 wouldn't be out. It's just that Valve wasn't exactly clear about it in its press release. If not tomorrow, then we'll have some new game every wednesday, so no idea which wednesday will have TF2.

TF2 is not coming tomorrow.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
TF2 is not coming tomorrow.

We'll see.

May 11, 2010 - Valve announced that Steam will launch on the Mac platform this Wednesday, May 12.

On subsequent Wednesdays, additional collections of Mac titles will become available, each designed to highlight specific functionalities of Steam on the Mac.

The first collection of Mac titles will demonstrate "Steam Play," which allows customers to purchase a game once and play it on all Steam supported platforms.

Portal, in addition to supporting Steam Play, will be the first of Valve's Source engine based games available on the Mac. Native OS/X support for the Source engine is also available immediately to licensees for use in their games.

Among the initial titles available on Wednesday will be Runic Games' critically acclaimed Torchlight. "We're very excited to be bringing Torchlight to the Mac," said Max Schaefer, co-founder of Runic Games. "Having Steam for the Mac solves so many problems for us as a developer. We look forward to our future games coming out on the Mac as well."

In addition to bringing the online functionality of Steam to the Mac, Valve will also make its Steamworks suite of publishing and development tools available on the Mac platform. These include product key authentication, copy protection, auto-updating, social networking, matchmaking, anti-cheat technology, and more. The features and services available in Steamworks are offered free of charge and may be used for both electronic and tangible versions of games.

For more information on Steam, please visit http://www.steamgames.com.

The language in the press release did not say that Portal and Torchlight are the only two games.

It is possible since TF2 is in beta right now, that Valve could turn it into an open beta.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
The other titles are the third party games. Look at the link I posted.

Believe what you want, just be prepared to be disappointed.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
The other titles are the third party games. Look at the link I posted.

Believe what you want, just be prepared to be disappointed.

What link is that? I see TF2 on that list. I'm not expecting to see TF2 at all tomorrow either, but there's always a chance.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Torchlight is confirmed to come out tomorrow and yet it's on that list as well.

Yes, as are most of those games. Valve is preparing them for the store, that's why they are appearing. TF2, even though it isn't going to come out, is there because it's being beta tested.

Also, people from the beta have been saying that TF2 is a lot more behind in development than Portal. It's just not ready.

Edit: here is the final proof you need.

Youngchild

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2008
Red Sox Nation
Joystiq lists 50 games:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/12/steam-for-mac-now-available-50-launch-games/

* Altitude
* And Yet it Moves
* Bejeweled 2: Deluxe
* Bob Came in Pieces
* Bookworm Deluxe
* BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity
* Call of Duty
* Call of Duty 2
* Call of Duty: United Offensive
* Chocolatier: Decadence by Design
* Chuzzle Deluxe
* Cooking Dash
* Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!
* Diaper Dash
* Diner Dash: Hometown Hero
* Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child
* Emerald City Confidential
* Europa Universalis III
* Galcon Fusion
* Hearts of Iron III
* Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
* Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
* Killing Floor
* Loom
* Luxor Mahjong
* Machinarium
* Osmos
* Peggle Deluxe
* Peggle Nights
* Portal
* Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa
* Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues
* Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead
* Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs
* Sam & Max 205: What's New Beelzebub?
* Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone
* Simplz Zoo
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 – Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 – The Siege of Spinner Cay
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 – Lair of the Leviathan
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 – The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
* Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 – Rise of the Pirate God
* Team Fortress 2
* The Dig
* Toki Tori
* Torchlight
* Wandering Willows
* Wedding Dash 2: Rings Around the World
* World of Goo
* Zenerchi

HommePomme

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
*Ahem*
Screenshot2010-05-12at73618PM-1.png

Im surprised that I'm the first one to try this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.