Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khong1010

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm also waiting for this as well. I just hope they don't make iPad specific app and force iPad users who already have iPhone version of app to pay for the app.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I think the Wired Article mentioned it's been submitted to Apple for approval.
Let's hope it's soon. I love the App.

I also think it's a separate App initial release price is $6 going up to $10 eventually. Get it soon :)

The iPhone App rocks.

mtehonica

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
I've been waiting for Beejive to update their app for the iPad instead of buying another app and now they release it and it's not universal and will be $6 at launch?! I understand that the iPad apps are taking more time to build new version and really don't expect universal apps but for an app that's already $10 for the iPhone, a universal version would be nice.

I will be supporting IM+ on my iPhone and iPad from now on.

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL
I would love to get this app but I have gotten used to the built in web browser in IM+ I love that feature.

I may still check it out though. I look forward to seeing it released.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I'll be buying it again. If a separate app/purchase means a more optimal user experience on the bigger iPad, then it's worth it to me (versus a scaled up version of the iphone app).

Anyway - $6 isn't too bad in the scheme of things.

Anyone know average "approval times" for app-store submissions these days?

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
disappointing this is not a universal app. I do not think I will be buying again.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Beejive confirmed on Twitter yesterday that it was submitted for approval and that it will be a separate purchase.

I purchased both Beejive and IM+ for iPhone. Since I no longer own an iPhone, I've been using and am happy with IM+ for the iPad. I'd love to use Beejive for iPad but will not buy the application again.

bluedog3401

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
Darn, if they did a universal update for the app I would have been happy. As it is, I'll be looking at other IM client apps. I don't think repaying for the updated interface is worthwhile when other apps are available for less.

I really liked beejive for the iPhone when it came out and used it frequently, but there isn't any loyalty to purchasing a new app from them unless it is CLEARLY better than the other offerings.

Same went with the AirSharing app I purchased, purchased again for the Pro when it came out, and now they want another purchase for the iPad version. I'm all for developers making money but not on repurchasing essentially the same product. In that case, it seems more like a money grab.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Urgh, I expected this one to be Universal. I can't think of a single chat client on the PC/Mac that you have to buy, most if not all are free....like Adium.
I don't mind paying once, but not twice, I'll pass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.