Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
UK
Ok so i go to make a multiclip in FCP7, 2 cams in PAL, 25fps, the other is ntsc 29.97 fps - frame rates have to match to make multicam - how can i remedy this?

In log and transfer tool, is there a way to specify for it to convert 29fps to 25fps? how can i convert current clips to 29.97fps?

ARGHHHH

sillybilly

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
You can put the NTSC clip into and Pal seq and export a quicktime (don't use conversion) and then re-import the quicktime and use it as a pal clip.

AVR2

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
You can put the NTSC clip into and Pal seq and export a quicktime (don't use conversion) and then re-import the quicktime and use it as a pal clip.
You can sometimes get away with that for very short clips, but what you should really do is a proper NTSC-to-PAL standards conversion, which is somewhat more involved than simply forcing FCP to render a 29.97fps clip at 25fps.

I can recommend the Nattress standards converter plugin for FCP. That will do a proper job for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.