Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
My company uses Lotus Notes and has no Exchange server. For the past two years, I forward my @workaddress email to MobileMe. Works well, gets Pushed quickly, no complaints.

The only issue I have is that when I respond to one of my forwarded @workaddress emails, the "From" address that my recipients see is @me.com.

What I'd like to do is carry on as I've been doing now with forwarded emails to my @me.com account but have my "From" address instead appear as @workaddress instead.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA

BJ

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

Are you talking about on the phone or on the me web site. Yes on phone, no on web site.

boltjames

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/8A260b Safari/531.21.10)

Are you talking about on the phone or on the me web site. Yes on phone, no on web site.

On the iPhone or the iPad. I never use Me mail on the website.

Can you explain how I can do this? Thanks! Just want to be able to reply on my mobile devices as if from a different address.

BJ

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
On the iPhone or the iPad. I never use Me mail on the website.

Can you explain how I can do this? Thanks! Just want to be able to reply on my mobile devices as if from a different address.

BJ
I think you can search on smtp to find more detail. But mainly you need to add the smtp server for you main email account. Since I have more then 1 I added each as a separate account with the inbox disabled (like bad password when doing the setup). Then when doing email you click on from and you can choose which one to use. If you only have 1 then maybe you change the smote server for the actual me account but not sure about that.

Again, this topic has been covered a lot over the past couple of years on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.