Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Janet Leigh passed away at home Sunday. She is the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis and stared in several films throughout the 40's-60's.
Some of my favorites she was in were Touch of Evil and Psycho.

R.I.P.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My prayers go out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace. She will forever be remembered for her role in "Psycho." Slowly we are loosing our great elegant actors.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Wow.

At least we'll always have her in "Psycho", "The Manchurian Candidate", "The Fog" and a bunch of other films.

I always thought she was wonderful in "Psycho", portraying a basically good person who did one bad thing, regretted it, and ended up paying dearly for it. Good casting and direction on the part of Hitch, but she really sold the character.

:(

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
She was the original scream queen, every other horror movie since then has used that model in some form or another and she set the benchmark for acting in todays horror movies.

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Psycho, and all of Hitchcock's films, was a great film. It was different, original, and constantly copied.

I did not realize that she was Jamie Lee Curtis' mother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.