Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I seem to be seeing this message very often.

It goes something like Sub process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code 2.

In case anyone sees this error, you can always just run spirit again and re-jailbreak. No restore needed.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening so frequently? I can't figure out how to avoid it.

Martinsalas310

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Nampa, idaho
I happen to see it alot just not on my ipad yet just ipod touch. I think it may be for adding several sources. I say this because i haven't added any sources on iPad except for Xsellise and hackulo. :apple:

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I don't have any other sources than the default.

I can actually replicate it every time I update Cydia within Cydia. :confused:

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
I've actually already done that once.

Not looking to restore again. Complete waste of my time. Sources are up to date as well.

It has something to do with Cydia not recognizing the dpkg process and/or quitting it.

Martinsalas310

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Nampa, idaho
Yeah restoring it's a lot of waste of time there's a cydia app that supposably clears that message so u won't get error messaging when u refresh let me find it and I'll get back to u with a name of it.

Martinsalas310

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Nampa, idaho
I did s little research for u and found out alot of people have the same problem. What they did is uninstall the "all sources". Doing this apparently doesn't delete any sources but fixes the error

jedsami

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
Cydia Error

hi i am receiving cydia errors mybe its too common like "Error; Refreshing Data"
there is several Bad Urls etc..
2nd error i am facing when downloading any apps from cydia its showing error like this
"var/cache/apt/archives.com.screw.skrewcommon 3_1.5b-1_iphoneos-arm.deb"
is there any thing i did wrong?
plz guide me i visit losts forums but didn't find such error if anyone registered.
i am waiting for your reply or if you don't know plz forward my note to others might someone have solutions
note: plz use normal language while reply cuz i am not familiar with typical computer language.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
hi i am receiving cydia errors mybe its too common like "Error; Refreshing Data"
there is several Bad Urls etc..
2nd error i am facing when downloading any apps from cydia its showing error like this
"var/cache/apt/archives.com.screw.skrewcommon 3_1.5b-1_iphoneos-arm.deb"
is there any thing i did wrong?
plz guide me i visit losts forums but didn't find such error if anyone registered.
i am waiting for your reply or if you don't know plz forward my note to others might someone have solutions
note: plz use normal language while reply cuz i am not familiar with typical computer language.

A lot of times I get Cydia errors like this if I have bad reception (like 1-2 bars) or no reception at all. If you don't have good reception where you're using it, try opening Cydia when you have more bars or hooked up via wifi. Hopefully that helps :)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I did s little research for u and found out alot of people have the same problem. What they did is uninstall the "all sources". Doing this apparently doesn't delete any sources but fixes the error

Oops - didn't realize this was in the ipad hacks section. Original post deleted.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.