Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I have mid-2007 white MacBook and while swapping out the HDD, I put the battery back in with the HDD still out. Now when I turn the locking dial to unlock the battery to remove it, it no longer unlocks and won't come out!!! When I turn the dial to lock/unlock the battery, I hear a click, but nothing happens...

I tried taking the MacBook apart, however I need to remove a few screws from inside the battery bay so that the shell comes off. So I'm at a stand still.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
You can't take the topcase off without removing the battery (as you know). I take it you didn't re-install the memory cover, this is what makes the battery pop up.

Unlock battery lever with coin and tip the macbook over and give some light shakes, the battery should just fall out with gravity. If sheer gravity fails, try some very light raps to keyboard are and lower case with your hand and use caution here and don't break the LCD! Most batteries will just fall out with some very light raps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.