PDA

View Full Version : another AirTunes question

MacFan26
Oct 4, 2004, 07:49 PM
My Airport Express is password protected (WPA personal) so, in theory people can't connect to it. A couple times in the last few days music started playing from my speakers that are plugged into my Airport Express, and it definitely wasn't my music, and I definitely didn't start it, since I wasn't even sitting at my computer at the time. Does anyone know what's going on here? I'm confused! :confused:

MattG
Oct 4, 2004, 08:10 PM
Is your Airport Express also connected to an ethernet network? If you've got the "Airtunes Over Ethernet" option checked in your Airport settings, people on the Ethernet network will also be able to play to your Airport Extreme. They wouldn't need the WPA password because they're not connecting to your Airport wirelessly.

Also...there's a way for you to set a password that will restrict access to playing iTunes over your Airport Express.

I'm on a Windows computer right now, so this will look a little different on yours...but here's what I'm talking about:

MacFan26
Oct 4, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yep, it was! Thanks. I didn't even realize that you could use the "Airport Admin Utility" with the Airport Express, I thought it was on the "Airport Express Assistant" :rolleyes: I fixed my settings :)

MattG
Oct 5, 2004, 11:47 AM
Glad I could help!

It must have been kind of weird, someone elses music mysteriously playing through your stereo...:)

MacFan26
Oct 5, 2004, 01:19 PM
It must have been kind of weird, someone elses music mysteriously playing through your stereo...:)
It was! Especially at 11:30 when my roommates were sleeping :eek: :D