PDA

View Full Version : PDF Files on iPad

thouts
May 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hello,

Is there a good app, or way to save pdf files to your iPad and view them?

dissdnt
May 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hello,

Is there a good app, or way to save pdf files to your iPad and view them?

GoodReader.

ngenerator
May 14, 2010, 03:00 PM
GoodReader.

Best. $0.99. Spent. EVER!

bjobes
May 14, 2010, 03:36 PM
Goodreader is an incredible app and at $.99 you cant go wrong. It works perfect for viewing many document types and doc storage is killer.

I have my 1500 page 500MB motorcycle manual in there and love it.

ngenerator
May 14, 2010, 03:39 PM
I have my 1500 page 500MB motorcycle manual in there and love it.

Ooh, good call on the manual. I've got my 750+ page Fallout 3 GOTY edition ebook in there, it's a lot nicer sitting on the couch than paging through the actual hard copy :)

quantum003
May 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
Best. $0.99. Spent. EVER!

One hundred percent agreed... I never would have expected to feel so much love for an App that does something so simple, but GoodReader does it so well.... :)

Hammie
May 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
+1 on Goodreader

I love that I can access iDisk and Google Docs directly, too. Easiest way to get files from my work laptop to my iPad.

erkanasu
May 14, 2010, 05:22 PM
can you mark up the pdfs?

California King
May 14, 2010, 05:41 PM

Unfortunately, you can't. I know there are apps that can, but they're not worth the benefits GoodReader has to offer.

psingh01
May 14, 2010, 05:47 PM
I like Goodreader, but I wish it would do the page flip thing like iBooks. You can always try to convert it to an epub file and view it in iBooks, but I don't think there is a simple way to do it.

California King
May 14, 2010, 05:50 PM
I like Goodreader, but I wish it would do the page flip thing like iBooks. You can always try to convert it to an epub file and view it in iBooks, but I don't think there is a simple way to do it.

It does say that they will address a new way of page flipping in the next update in their details section in iTunes...hopefully it will be like iBooks? :)

MikhailT
May 14, 2010, 06:14 PM

Goodreader's dev didn't spend a lot of time designing GoodReader for the iPad, they wanted to port it from iPhone's code and scale it up to iPhone to get it ready for the iPad's launch. Now that it has been released, they are taking all of their time to release an iPad optimized GoodReader code. They already mentioned that the page flipping will be changed as well as adding annotation support in future updates.

julieknits
May 14, 2010, 06:55 PM

iAnnotatePDF can mark up the PDFs. According to their support forum, iAnnotatePDF will have more integration with Goodreader in version 1.1 whenever that's released.