Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
How is the quality of the stitching if I may ask?
Also, theres no opening for the ambient light sensor right?

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
The quality of the stitching is quite good. If you notice in the video the border on the face of the iPad isn't too thick so it doesn't come down far enough to block/cover the light sensor.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
Hmm, I notice that in your video the ipad seems to slot in the left hand side of the folio and the right opens, but on the website it slots in on the right hand side of the folio and the left opens. Is this a camera trick?

tikidoc

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Looks OK for the money. Note that the title for the auction says leather but the description says faux leather. Not that I would expect real leather for the price, but I also think all these ads saying "leather case" when they are really plastic disguised as leather are somewhat misleading. At least this one is truthful in the ad itself. Several are not and you need to contact the seller to get the truth.

bigddybn

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Hmm, I notice that in your video the ipad seems to slot in the left hand side of the folio and the right opens, but on the website it slots in on the right hand side of the folio and the left opens. Is this a camera trick?

I think his video is horizontally inverted. His watch and ring are also on his "right" hand but statistically the vast majority of people would wear them on their left hand.

EDIT: It's definitely flipped. Look around the 5:15 mark at the bottom of the iPad. The speakers are to the left of the home button which is reversed.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Yes the video is flipped, I recorded it on my Macbook's built-in camera, I'm not sure why it does that.

Update: I found this program that will fix the mirrored video on MacBook's so I'll be using it on future video's...
http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
looks good for the cost, but you say it is about as thin as the apple case. In the video it seems to look about twice as thick. The thinner the case the better, for me.
I have a different black leather? w/stand case coming from ebay for $11. we'll see how that one compares.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.