Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peteyyt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
I really like X-Plane. It is cool taking off and flying around various cities in various aircraft, but I was wondering if there is any way to give the game a bit more of a purpose. For example, is there anyway to take off from JFK in New York and then land in Newark or LaGuardia without flying around aimlessly trying to find either airport? The only mission type structure I can find is in the space shuttle section, but I'm hoping there is more.

Thanks.

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
It might be best for you to contact the developer.

The type of game you want would require alot more space to be used with that more processing power. You could try the X-Plane version for desktop computers, as of now you won't see that type of game on a iPad.

The other mission I found was, you had to take down a bogey and land on the aircraft carrier. If your imagination is vivid, like mine, you can make up your own missions using the single maps. I own X-Plane for iPad, and its a nice distraction, I like to take off and land at some place I choose, although I practice landing the most.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Real pilots don't fly around aimlessly looking for the right airport. :) They use navigation markers/radios. X-Plane does this.

I'm not sure if the iPad version has all the maps and plates, but I noticed it has some. Either that, you can probably find some online. Or just go buy some. Go to a nearby airport with a private terminal and odds are they'll have some supplies for sale or can recommend where to go. You can also order online.

My only beef with XP on the iPad is it doesn't seem the instrument panels support the full range of instrument settling, like for example run the auto pilot via heading instruments. It seems to only hold my current heading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.