PDA

View Full Version : PB shipping irregularities

yoda13
Oct 5, 2004, 01:52 PM
OK, I think that this is the right forum, as I have already bought the PB, so I don't need any advice on that. I also know that PB updates are imminent, but I had a great offer on my old PB, so I had to go ahead and take it and I must have a PB, so I went ahead and got it ;) But here is the problem. I got shipment notification today and I paid for 2-3 day shipping so I figure that it should get here by Friday at the latest. However, I go to the FedEx site to track it and it has left Shanghai, but it says the estimated delivery date to my house is Oct. 25th? :eek: Is there something going on with FedEx that I do not know about, or is this just an error? Just curious if you guys know something that I don't.

Elan0204
Oct 5, 2004, 02:11 PM
Lots of people in the "iMac G5 now shipping" thread have reported similarly long shipping estimates from FedEx. You might try reading through a bit of that thread to see what they have uncovered. At the very least, you should be able to get a refund on the upgraded shipping from Apple if it takes longer than 2-3 days.

yoda13
Oct 5, 2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look. Are they actually taking that long, or are the estimates just a little off?

superbovine
Oct 5, 2004, 06:07 PM
OK, I think that this is the right forum, as I have already bought the PB, so I don't need any advice on that. I also know that PB updates are imminent, but I had a great offer on my old PB, so I had to go ahead and take it and I must have a PB, so I went ahead and got it ;) But here is the problem. I got shipment notification today and I paid for 2-3 day shipping so I figure that it should get here by Friday at the latest. However, I go to the FedEx site to track it and it has left Shanghai, but it says the estimated delivery date to my house is Oct. 25th? :eek: Is there something going on with FedEx that I do not know about, or is this just an error? Just curious if you guys know something that I don't.

could have been held up in cutsom, i think fedex has clearing agents though, but stuff like that happens. call fedex and asked.

yoda13
Oct 6, 2004, 12:56 PM
Just to update, it has now left China and is on a plane, I presume to Alaska. Funny thing is, it still says delivery by Oct. 25 no later than 4:30p.m. But at least it is movnig towards me now. By my calculations it should be here by Friday, according to the shipping choices I made. I have decided as long as it looks like its coming my way, then I won't make a fuss, unless its not here by Monday. Then I am going to want a refund on my shipping and find out what's up w/ my PB :D

More updates as I know more. Still think its weird. :confused:

MacNut
Oct 6, 2004, 01:36 PM
My PowerBook was held up in customs for a few days in Alaska last December. It was getting close too the deadline and I didn't think it would ship on time but it left Alaska at 3 am in the morning and was rushed across country to my door for 10am as promised.

hcuar
Oct 6, 2004, 01:59 PM
If you bought express shipping, if it doesn't make it on the exact day and time it should... Fedex will refund the shipping. Just call Apple.

yoda13
Oct 7, 2004, 07:47 PM
Just an update. It now says that it has departed the FedEx sorting location in Memphis, but still says that the delivery should be on the 25th by 4:30. But things have always gotten here the day after they have left that facility, so everything should be OK. I will let you guys know.

sarae
Oct 8, 2004, 01:04 AM
Just an update. It now says that it has departed the FedEx sorting location in Memphis, but still says that the delivery should be on the 25th by 4:30.

basically I think that FedEx has no idea how long things will take to ship. My powerbook was supposed to be delivered today; it was actually delivered this past Monday. (note: I am not complaining! :D ) other items have wildly varying expected delivery dates, but they seem to arrive early. They're probably just covering their rear in case of something happening.. though this does seem an exceptional addition!

yoda13
Oct 8, 2004, 05:13 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my PB arrived about half and hour ago. The FedEx tracking site still says delivery will be on the 25th even though they show that someone has signed for the package :rolleyes: Anyway, I am pumped, my PB is here and I am about to go play for a while, and it was here when Apple said it would be, so I guess the FedEx site just has a glitch. Oh well, I could care less now that I have the PB.