Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kchamussy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Hello Everyone,
We are really excited to announce that 'Photo Transfer App' is now available as universal app for iPhone and iPad. You can now transfer photos from iPhone directly to iPad or from your computer to your iPad over wifi. No cables, no iTunes and no camera connection kit required!

The app is currently on the top 25 iPad apps in the photography category.

Here are couple of videos that show how the app works:

http://www.phototransferapp.com/ipad.html

And the link to the app store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-transfer-app/id365152940?mt=8

We hope you find the app useful. We look forward to your comments.

Cheers!

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Do both devices (iphone and ipad) need to be on the same wifi network, or can they communicate directly with eachother (adhoc) without being on the same network?

kchamussy

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Do both devices (iphone and ipad) need to be on the same wifi network, or can they communicate directly with eachother (adhoc) without being on the same network?

Hi. Currently both devices need to be in the same wifi network. We are exploring other ways to connect the devices without using the same wifi network without sacrificing transfer speed.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Hi Everyone:

I have tested out the app. I have it installed on my iphone 3gs and ipad wifi. It has worked very well. I have transferred about 50 photos and it went quick and smooth, just as advertised.

I haven't transferred to my pc or mac as i don't have a need for that. But if you do have that use it's great that you don't have to install any software on your computer.

Now i don't need to get the camera connection kit as all i was looking to do with it was exactly what i can do with this app.

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
Not a bad idea. I'll probably still need the camera kit for times in which I'm away from Wi-fi for a while, but it sounds like it beats having to transfer all that stuff by syncing through iTunes and stuff.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
does it have to be done from the desktop/laptop TO the unit? You can't pick them from the unit?

might as well plug it in

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I purchased this, and it does work well between devices. It's easy to use, but not AS easy as say Dropbox, and with Dropbox, you can access the files on all your devices. For a quick photo transfer though, The Photo Transfer App does the job!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.