PDA

View Full Version : 1TB Timecapsule Issues - part 2

rterry911
May 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
This thing is driving me up the wall ... I thought Apple stuff was supposed to be plug and play ?

I'm now a week into my ownership of a 1TB TC and life is not good. I have failed to get the TC set up as I wanted to (ie to wirelessly extend an existing N network powered by Belkin modem/router) and have had to suffice with the TC in disk only mode plugged into the modem/router via ethernet.

The end of my issues ? Nope, not even the start.

Firstly, neither my iMac nor Macbook Pro reliably find the TC when doing scheduled backups via time machine. More often than not I have to manually start the back up after making sure either machine can "see" the TC using the airport utility.

When I do manage to get the back up to start, on my MBP, time machine insists that I have 32 Gb of changes to synchronize, when I know that all has changed is a couple of spreadsheet files and word docs.

And when I'm doing a backup, the internet connection stops working on both macs.

What is going wrong ?

Have I got a duff TC ?

Is the TC getting stroppy that I'm asking it to connect to something other than an apple express/extreme network ?

Do I put it back in the box and claim defeat (and a refund) ?

Mac'nCheese
May 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
Probably a call to apple help line is in order. Maybe its a few simple settings that you overlooked.