PDA

View Full Version : Bluewater, UK

OreAird
May 18, 2010, 11:31 AM
I'm heading to bluewater on Launch day will be there around about 5ish anyone had experience with queuing at bluewater Apple ? the center does open til 0800 so where do we go ?

~Ore

onemanandhisdog
May 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm heading to bluewater on Launch day will be there around about 5ish anyone had experience with queuing at bluewater Apple ? the center does open til 0800 so where do we go ?

~Ore
I am planning to go to Bluewater too - although i live in yorkshire we are driving to Spain for half term so have booked a hotel in Dartford.

I called them to see when they open and they couldn't tell me - need to pick up the ipad and catch the Chunnel

OreAird
May 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
Cool might see you there. I read on some articles regarding the iphone and various launches they allow people into the shopping centre early i think on these days. There was a u-tube video with a guy at the front of the queue outside the Apple Shop at 0615 so looks like they allow people in pretty early. I think the shop itself opens at 9am tho, not so sure.

~Ore

P.S.
This video the guy says he got there at 10 to 5, and which was an hour and 10 minuites ago, another guy earlier in the video says the store will open in about 5 minuites!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJHFpstkp4&feature=related

also the Iphone launched at 6.02 (playing on the o2 thing) so it seems they open pretty early..

oreo75
May 18, 2010, 02:08 PM
the iphone 2g launch was 6:02 in the evening, so they didn't need to open early, people were queuing for over 12 hours before launch. The 3gs launch the store open earlier than usual, I can't remember if it open at 8am or 9am, there wasnt much a of a queue that day if I remember rightly. I was in store on Saturday & asked about opening time for the iPad, but they don't know if the store is opening earlier yet.

I am planning on being in the queue, I know I can't have the day off so planning an appointment so I can go in to work a couple of hours late. The girls I work with know I want one, so want me to be in the queue so they can have a look at it.

OreAird
May 18, 2010, 11:15 PM
ah 6.02pm that makes more sense, thought 6.02am was early imagine the overtime for the staff on that ! lol

~Ore

oreo75
May 23, 2010, 03:54 PM
what time are people planning on starting to queue? The store is opening at 8am

Pixellated
May 24, 2010, 04:30 AM
I am thinking of going to bluewater, may go to regent's street though, depending on when I get home.

Tsuchiya
May 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
I'm planning to get there between 5-6am. Hope it's early enough to get a decent spot in the line and secure the model I want. Would hate to have to get up that early and make the long drive down to Kent only to find that 16gb WiFi models are the only ones left.

Fingers crossed that not too many people decide to queue up the night before or something, though then again it probably won't be too bad if people split up between Lakeside and Bluewater.

oreo75
May 25, 2010, 03:21 PM
Tsuchiya I'm planning on getting there at the same time.

Just trying to find out if the centre doors are open 24 hours or only open at certain times. I think I got there at about 6am for the 3gs, launch & remember doors being open by waterstones & that food area.

Tsuchiya
May 26, 2010, 04:33 AM
oreo75, I just called the store and was told that the best way into the shopping centre was near the back where House of Frasier is and between the cinema :confused:

I usually go through the main entrance or John Lewis so not too sure what she means. I'm going down there today or tomorrow though, so I'll have another proper ask and see where this entrance is.

I also asked if the doors would be open between 5-6 and was told that it should be fine.

Thinking about it, I should have pressed for some more exact times and if they knew what their stock allocation was, but after 15 minutes on hold I kind of forgot to ask...:o

CHR!5
May 26, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the info Tsuchiya, I'm not an expert like most people here about this sort of thing, and I know it's easy to say "Get there for 5 and you'll be fine" but from past experience, how late is too late?

I can get there for whenever but I don't really fancy getting there REALLY early.

OreAird
May 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info Tsuchiya, I'm not an expert like most people here about this sort of thing, and I know it's easy to say "Get there for 5 and you'll be fine" but from past experience, how late is too late?

I can get there for whenever but I don't really fancy getting there REALLY early.

Hey guys, im looking to get there about 0530, its also interesting to note that in bluewater we will have 2 shop's that will stock the Ipad at launch the Appleshop and the Curries Digital (http://www.apple.com/uk/buy/locator/map.html?tySearch=1&viaProduct=9&viaSpecial=-1&strCountry=GBR&lat=51.4129796&lng=0.7241819&gCountry=GB)

so hopefully the queue will be split!!

Tsuchiya
May 26, 2010, 11:58 AM

Really not sure to be honest dude, this is the first time I've ever tried to buy a piece of hardware on release. I saw a Youtube video showing the Leopard release there and the lines were looping around everywhere- crazy!

I was in the store on Sunday and they said that by opening at 8am, they expect the line to be half way down towards John Lewis by then. If you have seen the floor layout, that's pretty far down :eek:

I would say between 5-6 you should be fairly safe for one. After 6 I would imagine the lines being insanely long, and thus probably not worth waiting in. Have no idea what to do for the 3 hour wait though...

oreo75
May 26, 2010, 12:04 PM
I had this reply from bluewater today:

The doors to the centre arenít locked so you can still gain access into the centre to queue, have a drink or breakfast before the stores actually open!

DisneySMAX
May 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
I live about 10 minutes from Bluewater and almost live there.

I can assure you that you can get in at 3am if you want. Quite often people queue for the "Next" sale from 3am.

I am thinking of going in early on Friday too.

CHR!5
May 26, 2010, 01:26 PM

I can assure you that you can get in at 3am if you want. Quite often people queue for the "Next" sale from 3am.

Look's like I'll have a 5am start to get there for 6 then.

Cheers for the info, first time actually going on the day of release to get hardware to I dont really have a clue what to do!

CHR!5
May 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
I didn't know curry's were stocking them as well! Sounds we're to me :S

Hey guys, im looking to get there about 0530, its also interesting to note that in bluewater we will have 2 shop's that will stock the Ipad at launch the Appleshop and the Curries Digital (http://www.apple.com/uk/buy/locator/map.html?tySearch=1&viaProduct=9&viaSpecial=-1&strCountry=GBR&lat=51.4129796&lng=0.7241819&gCountry=GB)

so hopefully the queue will be split!!

CHR!5
May 26, 2010, 01:28 PM
As a side note... I'm really not that fussed about getting there so early as long as there's other people there too. Fanboy or not, sitting outside an apple shop at 6am on my own is a little too extreme for my liking! :D

Tsuchiya
May 26, 2010, 03:51 PM
I had this reply from bluewater today:

The doors to the centre arenít locked so you can still gain access into the centre to queue, have a drink or breakfast before the stores actually open!

Is this the centre entrance between M&S and John Lewis? As in across the wooden decking over the ponds past all the fast food places.

Good to know, 5am it is :D

My second biggest concern after actually getting the one I want is having to wait in the queue for hours after 8am. Hopefully getting there for 5 means I can be out of there by 8:30ish.

DisneySMAX
May 26, 2010, 04:10 PM
Just don't try to get in through any of the three main department stores. They will be locked. Go in through the multi story car parks by the cinema. 2nd level is the closest to the Apple Store. Near Barclays and Next.

CHR!5
May 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
Check out the link below:

I parked near the blue square and went through the doors where the white arrow is, those doors go direct into the centre, not a department store that might be locked.

The red square is roughly where the apple store is.

That's what I'll be doing around 6am anyway :)

http://tinypic.com/r/2sbkcqv/6

CHR!5
May 27, 2010, 03:49 AM
Just found out theres a shop half an hour from me selling them on launch day :D

Looks like I wont have to trek to bluewater afterall :D

Tsuchiya
May 27, 2010, 06:22 PM
Leaving in just under 4 hours, I'm too excited to sleep but I think I need it.

oreo75
May 27, 2010, 10:26 PM
Already at bluewater queue nearly to house of Fraser.

Tsuchiya
May 27, 2010, 11:18 PM
Still only 25-odd people though. Anyone getting here within the next hour or
so should be fine.

Also iPad use number 1) for waiting in ipad queues!

Tsuchiya
May 28, 2010, 12:59 AM
Should have slept in a little, queues are very undramatic. About 35 people in the line which isn't as long as it might sound. If you want an iPad and are within an hour of this place, nows your chance.