Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkyhendy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Hello folks at Macrumours!

Firstly I would like to apologise if I got this question in the wrong section.

My father has a problem with his macbook and seeing as I am of the generation where the golden oldies love to call and vent their frustrations at a piece of hardware not working properly, I tried the WWW and found NO answer as to what is causing this issue.

From what I have gathered, he has a Macbook and there is no proper sequence which he does to force the message of "Internet Connect: could not open communication device" to come up on his screen.

He is running M$ Entourage for his email and his System Preferences / Network panel solely has Airport, Ethernet and Bluetooth in the list. There is no reference anywhere to an internal modem which is trying to create a connection. He has never required an internal modem. His Ethernet and Bluetooth are continually "off" - in so far he is not ever using them.

Would anyone out there have a clue as to what this could be and what is causing this message to reappear all the time?! It must have happened around 40 times today alone.

Thanks all (and sorry again if I got the wrong section)

Kind regards,

Sparky

sparkyhendy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Nope.... :-(

But I think I got a solution.... Yet to be confirmed, but I told him to remove the Bluetooth from his Network (in Sys Pref)....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.