Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone used this?
Was smashing, iphone shows on mac, connects using root and alpine, work away.
Last night stops connecting, tried rebooting mac, modem, iphone, uninstalled netatalk and reinstalled. no joy.
Now i can access iphone through cyberduck so i dont know what to do next, any ideas?

tinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Is finder showing your iPhone under "Shared" and you can't connect, or you can't see your iPhone at all in Finder?

edit: Sorry, I didn't see your other thread. Don't know which one you are watching.

Finder shows ipod and i cant connect

tinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
how many threads do you need on this topic?

wasn't sure where to post so picked the two i thought, maybe you could tell me where would be most appropriate and i'll delete other thread

Is the iPod active? If the iPod locks, suspends, it turns off it's Wi-Fi connection unless you are running Insomnia or something like it.

If the iPod's screen is on and the Wi-Fi status indicates service, click on "Connect as" in Finder.

This is the most common problem. If this is not it we will go from there.

tinner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Is the iPod active? If the iPod locks, suspends, it turns off it's Wi-Fi connection unless you are running Insomnia or something like it.

If the iPod's screen is on and the Wi-Fi status indicates service, click on "Connect as" in Finder.

This is the most common problem. If this is not it we will go from there.

Hi, i turned autolock off and i have good wifi signal. I can click on connect as and it asks for name and password for local server. I enter root and alpine and nothing happens

markartsf

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
Netatalk: username and password won't work

I've read the above and not sure that will solve it but will try. Any other suggestions for getting Netatalk to work again? I miss it.

Mark

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.