PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch wifi+3G

steviem
May 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
How awesome would this be?

As someone who's least favourite part of the iPhone was the Phone part, but loved the cellular data, I'd love Apple to make an iPod Touch wifi+3G.

Maybe this could be a future progression for Apple. They could phase out the iPhone and in the future have a device with:

-VoIP
-MicroSIM which can properly roam Internationally.
-No contract, but a monthly fee like the data plan on the iPad.
-Data Tethering
-WiMax?

In this situation, I would be all over an iPod Touch and iPad. The reason 3G would be more useful on the touch than the iPad is down to it's size. I'd be happier streaming music to it whilst out and about or using it for GPS and using the iPad to share internet from would be using battery power on both devices.

iphone1105
May 19, 2010, 02:14 PM
They have this already, it's called an iPhone and iPad.....the touch is going to remain always leaned more toward ipod/gaming device.....I dont think you'll ever see 3g...but I'll say keep dreaming, 'cuz dreaming is fun :)

CptAwesome
May 19, 2010, 02:31 PM
They have this already, it's called an iPhone and iPad.....the touch is going to remain always leaned more toward ipod/gaming device.....I dont think you'll ever see 3g...but I'll say keep dreaming, 'cuz dreaming is fun :)

That was gonna be my sarcastic response :)

iphone1105
May 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
That was gonna be my sarcastic response :)

Move quicker lol :D

Uabcar
May 19, 2010, 03:25 PM
I waited for a 3G enabled Touch for about two years. I finally broke down last fall and got the 3GS. I've got a bb from work and didn't really have a need for the voice/phone but figured I'd take the plunge anyway.

Now that I've had the integrated phone for a while, Iíve found that it enables me to 'disconnect' from work easier/more than I used to- which is very nice.

It's nice to have access to the phone w/o being compelled to check my work email.