Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I have had the 64 gig since release. It dosen't happen all the time, but happens enough to annoy. If I press the home button it turns on fine.

Occasionally when I haven't used it for awhile, I press the power button with no response....I press it again and it turns on....very occaionally it takes 2 or three presses....is this normal? Maybe it's sleeping, and waking up when I'm pressing it? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California
Not normal. Get it replaced.

I know you're talking about the iPod Touch, but my iPhone 3GS has had recessed buttons on 2 different units. I had mine replaced twice to finally get one where the button works the first time and is not recessed to the left. I saw posts about it on the forum as well. Search.

Hope that helps.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Not normal. Get it replaced.

I know you're talking about the iPod Touch, but my iPhone 3GS has had recessed buttons on 2 different units. I had mine replaced twice to finally get one where the button works the first time and is not recessed to the left. I saw posts about it on the forum as well. Search.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback. It's not recessed....it's placed exactly as it should be.....just occasionally not responsive. I did multiple searches and only come up with either power buttons not working at all, or dead Touches.

Is there a more accurate term I should put in than "power button problem" "power button response" etc.....

I am thinking I'll set an appointment with a Genious....I'm hoping they could just fix it as it would kind of suck if I had to replace it with a refurb...

this is funah

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Berlin, Germany
i've had this problem ever since i bought my ipod touch 2g... never really thought of it as a major issue... but it happens at least once a day.

if you can get a shiny new ipod out of it by bringing it back to an apple store, i'd do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.