PDA

View Full Version : Bullfight goes horribly wrong

andiwm2003
May 22, 2010, 08:43 AM
Graphic pics so don't click if you can't stomach it. He is alive and will recover.

And yes i don't like bullfights but Im still glad he survived and will recover.

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fotostrecke-55135.html

bartelby
May 22, 2010, 08:52 AM
Looks like it went right to me...

Peterkro
May 22, 2010, 08:55 AM

Quite.

GuyNextDoor
May 22, 2010, 09:12 AM
That kind of experience can really leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Abstract
May 22, 2010, 09:43 AM
So the good guy won this match. Nice.

yg17
May 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
The stupid ********* deserved it. If you fight an animal, expect them to fight back.

flopticalcube
May 22, 2010, 10:28 AM
Events like this will actually help perpetuate the "sport". This is why its popular. The chance for severe or even fatal injury (to the human).

sushi
May 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
Good for the bull. :)

Note, I don't have much sympathy for those who participate in high risk sports/activities.

northernbaldy
May 22, 2010, 11:32 AM
this pleases me no end :D

Truffy
May 22, 2010, 01:20 PM
I don't have any sympathy with those who abuse animals for 'sport' or 'pleasure'.

Compile 'em all
May 22, 2010, 01:22 PM
Any more details about the accident?

citizenzen
May 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
One more vote for the four-legged foe!

(And no, I don't need to watch it.)

killerrobot
May 22, 2010, 01:27 PM
It's like the car crashes in NASCAR - the only moment you really want to watch, but you don't want to admit it.

ucfgrad93
May 22, 2010, 01:38 PM
Wow, I'm glad to hear that he will recover. That said, I find bullfighting to be barbaric.

RawBert
May 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
Holy dogsh**!!! :eek:

andiwm2003
May 22, 2010, 02:45 PM
Wow, I'm glad to hear that he will recover. That said, I find bullfighting to be barbaric.

Agree with you. It's barbaric but then I don't want to judge knowing that the meat I eat doesn't come from happy animals either. In this case I hope he will be fine but stop this "sport".

Padraic
May 22, 2010, 02:47 PM
Good for the bull!

Oh, and that's the only reason I watch NASCAR, for the crashes. :eek:

andiwm2003
May 22, 2010, 02:49 PM
Any more details about the accident?

Well it wasn't an accident. The bull did it on purpose.

The matador fell and the bulls horn penetrated below the chin through the tongue. The lower jaw is shattered, the upper broken. He needed 6 hrs surgery. No vital organs are damaged but the recovery will be very slow.

citizenzen
May 22, 2010, 02:52 PM
...but then I don't want to judge knowing that the meat I eat doesn't come from happy animals either.

There's an easy way to fix that.

Stop eating meat.

End animal enslavement.

instaxgirl
May 22, 2010, 03:06 PM
My German's not tippity top right now but the article doesn't say what happened to the bull does it?

andiwm2003
May 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
My German's not tippity top right now but the article doesn't say what happened to the bull does it?

They don't comment on the fate of the bull. Usually they let them live IIRC.

The bulls name is opiparo. Maybe google knows.....

AceWilfong
May 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
Not at all. That's even better than a groin shot. Good bull!

.Andy
May 22, 2010, 03:22 PM
Couldn't have said it better.

Compile 'em all
May 22, 2010, 07:53 PM
Well it wasn't an accident. The bull did it on purpose.

The matador fell and the bulls horn penetrated below the chin through the tongue. The lower jaw is shattered, the upper broken. He needed 6 hrs surgery. No vital organs are damaged but the recovery will be very slow.

Damn, I wonder how painful it was having a horn going up your jaw like that. :(

HadItWithWindow
May 22, 2010, 07:56 PM
He got what he deserved from the animal

JCT
May 22, 2010, 10:47 PM
Unfortunately the other matadors killed the bull after the goring :mad:

JT

RawBert
May 22, 2010, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately the other matadors killed the bull after the goring :mad:

JT

That sucks! I think I heard once that if a bull "wins", he gets to live.

heehee
May 22, 2010, 11:12 PM
Good 1 evil 0. :cool:

Jaro65
May 29, 2010, 10:59 PM
Damn, I wonder how painful it was having a horn going up your jaw like that. :(

I really don't wish anyone anything bad. But in this case hopefully it was as painful as the unnecessary pain he was causing to that animal.

guifa
May 30, 2010, 12:40 AM
That sucks! I think I heard once that if a bull "wins", he gets to live.

Not necessarily winning, per se. But a bull that performs excellently will occasionally live on, mainly so he can be used for breeding.

The weird thing for me when people talk about bull fighting and how horrible it is, is that they have no problem eating beef whose source is likely animals caged up eating processed crap in quite possibly inhumane conditions, whereas the bulls used in bullfighting truly live the king's life. They are fed the best food possible, free ranged, have plenty of space, treated as prize animals, and (for the aforementioned "winning" bulls) have plenty of women. Those that die though are eaten, not just wasted away. The cuts of meat from them is considered the top cuts money can buy.

chrono1081
May 30, 2010, 01:14 AM
The stupid ********* deserved it. If you fight an animal, expect them to fight back.

I feel sorry for the guys family but not for him. I don't take pity in people who throw spears at poor scared animals for "entertainment". Its just cruel and completely unnecessary. The animal is not being killed for food or anything like that so sorry, but its completely wrong.

**** bull"fighting".

guifa
May 30, 2010, 01:25 AM
I feel sorry for the guys family but not for him. I don't take pity in people who throw spears at poor scared animals for "entertainment". Its just cruel and completely unnecessary. The animal is not being killed for food or anything like that so sorry, but its completely wrong.

**** bull"fighting".

Yes, it is being killed for eating. Rather dramatically so, but as I mentioned, due to the immaculate conditions they're raised in, it's the best meat you can get, especially the tail.

Bonch
May 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
Whoever photoshopped that should put some blood in. Maybe make the bull black.

RawBert
May 30, 2010, 05:04 PM
Whoever photoshopped that should put some blood in. Ha!:D
Maybe make the bull black.
Yo, why it's gotta be black, yo? Why can't it be white or whateva, yo? It's a conspiracy!

;)

niuniu
May 30, 2010, 05:10 PM
Poetic justice

freeny
May 30, 2010, 07:35 PM
Whoever photoshopped that should put some blood in. Maybe make the bull black.

There is a video if you really need more proof...

RawBert
May 30, 2010, 07:42 PM
There is a video if you really need more proof...
I have a feeling that Bonch was kidding. :)

oblomow
May 31, 2010, 07:24 AM
From the article: "Sein Manager fürchtet nun psychische Folgen - hat sein Schützling künftig Angst vor Bullen?"
Translated: "His manager fears the possible psychological impact - will the protege be afraid of bulls in the future?"

Let's hope so, I say!