PDA

View Full Version : Need help about floating bridge from Guitarists.

pukifloyd
May 23, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hello people..

I am going out of country for approximately 2.5 months. I have an Ibanez RG350EX guitar and it has a floating bridge. I won't be able to take it with me so I was wondering what is the best way to keep/store it. I was thinking about removing the strings and the bridge, but was not sure about it as I don't have much experience with removing the bridge. I am sure I can do it, but I am scared I might screw up something. I don't want to warp the neck of my guitar or damage it in any way.

Can you guys suggest something? I can't leave this guitar with anyone (everyone is going out for vacation)

Thanks!

21stcenturykid
May 23, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the best thing you can do for a floating bridge is never take all the strings off all at once. Unless theres something wrong with the truss rod or the guitar in general it should be absolutely fine. Just store it in it's case flat. Maybe put some silica gel in with it too.

With a normal guitar I would loosen the strings off but not with a floating bridge.

pukifloyd
May 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the best thing you can do for a floating bridge is never take all the strings off all at once. Unless theres something wrong with the truss rod or the guitar in general it should be absolutely fine. Just store it in it's case flat. Maybe put some silica gel in with it too.

With a normal guitar I would loosen the strings off but not with a floating bridge.

Thanks for quick reply. I think you're right...but are you sure that the neck won't bend if its not played for 2-3 months?