Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cy88

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Hi all,

I am in search for a bag that will fit in iPad (in a portfolio case), and a small DSLR like Olympus EP2:
Ep2+in+hand.jpg

This will be my very light to-go kit when I don't have to carry my bigger DSLRs + lenses.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Chris

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Another small bag option could be the Timbuk2 T-Pack (AKA Small Fry). I got mine last week and really like it. The bottom front compartment may be large enough to fit your camera.

I haven't had a chance to take pics or write a review yet, but in my other thread there is another review with it specially for the iPad. My pics won't be nearly as good, but I'm going to take a couple shots because I learned a couple nice things about the bag that I don't think have been mentioned.

The best thing... The price! I got mine for $27.45 (free shipping and no tax from Shoebuy.com) + 15% Bing Cash Back.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/917799/

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I have not looked recently, but Crumpler has some cool bags. They may have some to accommodate an iPad and small camera.

I have one of their larger ones for DSLR and love it.

cy88

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Guess you missed this, about 3 posts below yours.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/921311/

I use it with the Panasonic GF1 and an extra lens.

Thanks for the heads up! It certainly look nice (so does the price tag!).

I initially thought it might be for larger DSLR's. I realized you said it will "barely" fit in a 5D+50L, I actually wouldn't mind a bag that can fit in my 5D+35L or 85L as well. Perhaps I should seriously consider about this bag.

jedolley, great find!! I am going to order one. You can't go wrong @ this price! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.