Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Is anyone going to the White City/Westfield Centre Apple Store on Launch day?

I'm seriously considering it if I can get an early enough train. (fortunately I start work later than usual on Fridays.)

segers909

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Belgium
I am there ATM. They say people can start queing at midnight, they will open the mall so that people can be inside, the apple store will open at 8 am.

saer

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
Customer Service

I visited the Apple Store in Westfield White City yesterday (5th August 2010) to find out about and purchase an ipad. Once I had found an assistant to help me (the very excellent Dan), I was happy but my initial experience on entering the store was not a happy one. There were a number of people milling around but it was not overly crowded. Despite that, I was left for a while to stand aimlessly. After a few minutes a very bright and breezy female assistant approached me and helped with a technical query I had concerning my iphone. I then asked about ipads and she promised to find an assistant for me. She found Dan who was already serving a customer. Unfortunately he then disappeared. I waited....and waited....and waited and eventually had to make what I can only describe as a "public announcement" to all and sundry that I'd appreciate some help and that "I don't bite" :)

By this time I was pretty annoyed.

Eventually Dan helped me - he was really excellent and as a result I purchased a 32MB ipad which I am finding really great!

mikechan1234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
I visited the Apple Store in Westfield White City yesterday (5th August 2010) to find out about and purchase an ipad. Once I had found an assistant to help me (the very excellent Dan), I was happy but my initial experience on entering the store was not a happy one. There were a number of people milling around but it was not overly crowded. Despite that, I was left for a while to stand aimlessly. After a few minutes a very bright and breezy female assistant approached me and helped with a technical query I had concerning my iphone. I then asked about ipads and she promised to find an assistant for me. She found Dan who was already serving a customer. Unfortunately he then disappeared. I waited....and waited....and waited and eventually had to make what I can only describe as a "public announcement" to all and sundry that I'd appreciate some help and that "I don't bite" :)

By this time I was pretty annoyed.

Eventually Dan helped me - he was really excellent and as a result I purchased a 32MB ipad which I am finding really great!

32mb is pretty small storage space :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.