PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Matte Screen Protector

dazcox5181
May 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
My Griffin Matte Screen Protector just turned up via UPS from Cancom here in the UK and fitted it to my 16GB wifi iPad just now.

Seems pretty nice really, just like the powersupport matte shield I have on my iPhone 3G.

Takes the reflections right off the screen, even standing near a window I could just see the iPad, not me looking at it.

As with any matte screen protector there is the issue of the 'orange peel' effect and perhaps a slight loss in clarity. This made me eventually remove it from my iPhone, perhaps it will annoy me on the iPad too...reflections weren't really an issue but want to protect the screen...

The film is easy to apply though, and a decent thickness so should offer good protection. I have the apple case coming in the morning, and as I'm flying on Friday want to make sure the ipad is protected in advance.

Also it means my 18month old can now happily draw on the screen (sketchbook pro :) ) without the inevitable smears.

I'll try to post some pics later.

GoCubsGo
May 25, 2010, 08:22 AM
How does clarity compare to the PowerSupport, I mean can you post a shot of each?

dazcox5181
May 25, 2010, 08:29 AM
I think they're about the same really. I'm being over picky as usual - the wife just said it was 'better' without the smudges.

suniil
May 25, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm really keen to see a screen shot. would be grateful if you can do it.

I think they're about the same really. I'm being over picky as usual - the wife just said it was 'better' without the smudges.