PDA

View Full Version : Warped keyboard on 12" PB

hcuar
Oct 8, 2004, 04:38 PM
I've noticed recently that my 7,8 F6, F7 keys seem to be higher than the other keys around them. Not much, but enough for a critical eye to notice. My PB sits evenly on a flat surface, so I don't think the case is warping.

I'm wondering if this is something I just didn't notice before.... Or could it be warping as I use it. I always place it on a table when it's powered up. I haven't carried it in a backpack. I store it in a sleeve. :confused:

jxyama
Oct 8, 2004, 04:49 PM
i've seen a few 12" PBs, my own, in stores, etc.

they all seem to have this and mine hasn't really changed after a year and a half of use. so i think it's "normal."

hcuar
Oct 8, 2004, 04:59 PM
i've seen a few 12" PBs, my own, in stores, etc.

they all seem to have this and mine hasn't really changed after a year and a half of use. so i think it's "normal."

Thank you sooooo much! I was pretty worried. I think the newness has worn off... I'm just getting picky now.... ;) I've had it for about a month and yesterday was the first day that I didn't turn it on at least once. :D

michaelrjohnson
Oct 8, 2004, 06:10 PM
mine is just the F7 as far as I can tell... but it's not affected my use after 6 months.

point665
Oct 9, 2004, 02:03 PM
If you dont have to turn off the powerbook everyday then dont, Only case where I can think of it needing to be turned off is if you go back between places like work and home or school and home... But if you keep it at home all the time leave it on, I leave my ibook on always...

I hate it when new updates come out and its like "dammit, gonna have to restart"... Mac OSX is based on UNIX, which shouldnt even have a shutdown option :cool: