PDA

View Full Version : PB and iPod battery questions

hcuar
Oct 8, 2004, 05:13 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but my PB battery seems to get a longer run time the longer I've had the PB. Is this possible? I'm slightly over 4 hours now, I was getting 3 hours and 45 minutes. I just recently re-enabled bluetooth as well.

I've noticed that my iPod battery seems to dissipate energy without use. I charged it a week ago and have not turned it on. It lost 1/5 of the charge power in one week. Is this normal? :confused:

yoda13
Oct 8, 2004, 05:18 PM
My iPod mini does the same thing. I've never had a PB battery do that before, but if everything is functioning correctly, that is a good development :D

hcuar
Oct 8, 2004, 05:27 PM
I figured that was normal for an iPod... It's a little disappointing. I figured the battery would be similar to cell phones when not in use. My cell phone will hold a full charge for a much longer time without degrading.

crazzyeddie
Oct 8, 2004, 05:29 PM
But your phone doesn't keep its own time and have alarm events to worry about.

hcuar
Oct 8, 2004, 05:33 PM
But your phone doesn't keep its own time and have alarm events to worry about.

True. I didn't think about the time and alarms. Maybe these features are worth a battery drain though. I don't plan on using my iPod as a PDA. It'd be nice to be able to turn them off.

mms
Oct 9, 2004, 11:05 PM
Time isn't so much of a PDA thing. I think it's nice that it can keep the "Last Played" information correct.