PDA

View Full Version : Camera Kit...iPod version on iPad?

lokerd
May 25, 2010, 04:03 PM
Well, I pulled a dumb one...and ordered what I thought was a used iPad Camera Connection Kit...turns out it is just an iPod.

Looks like it was my error...just looked too quickly. I can probably return it...but before I do, is there any hope for using it with the iPad? When I plug it in, it states that it is not compatible. But, things have said that before and still worked, at least with my iPhone.

I haven't tried connecting a camera yet...but thought I would ask before spending much time trying to figure it out.

Thanks!!

Ramiarna
May 28, 2010, 08:41 AM
From what I've heard, the iPod Camera kit doesnt work on the iPad. :(

I read in one of the forums about a guy who had the iPod connection kit and was pissed of at apple for not allowing it to work with the iPad although both are supposedly identical.

lokerd
May 29, 2010, 12:20 AM

I read in one of the forums about a guy who had the iPod connection kit and was pissed of at apple for not allowing it to work with the iPad although both are supposedly identical.

Yeah...wow!! What is the logic or technical challenge for not working??

Karnivore
May 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah...wow!! What is the logic or technical challenge for not working??

The logic is very simple - $$$$$$$

JaredStrauss
May 30, 2010, 10:07 AM
I think it actually is because of USB power vs firewire power on the old iPods

superflush
May 31, 2010, 02:42 PM

Yea. I have my old iPod Camera Connector, but I haven't tried it yet. I was definitely under the impression that it didn't work.