PDA

View Full Version : Apple In-Ear Headphones...

PlaceofDis
Oct 8, 2004, 09:02 PM
alright, i have a pair of the Apple In-Ear headphones, and the sound is awesome, problem is they slip out of your ears easily because they really are not the round, i have tried all the sizes but none really work, and after i got sick of pushing them in my ear every five minutes i went out and bought a pair of Sony In-Ear headphones, the Fontopia MDR-EX51LP ( really wanted the white MDR-EX71SL but couldnt find them around me) and they are great too, no problems, but just for fun i tried the ear pieces from the sony on my Apple headphones, and surprise surprise they fit and sound great, now only if it didnt look so funy like this....

why would apple make their pieces like this? it just seems stupid

hopefully Griffin or Belkin or some other company will make replacement ear pieces for the Apple headphones in the future

oh yeah there really isnt much point to this post, just me musing and wondering what you guys/gals think of this

wwooden
Oct 8, 2004, 11:24 PM
I also bought the apple in-ear headphones a while back. They had great sound when I could get them in the right position, but I constantly had to push them in. I didn't think about buying another pair of in-ear headphones and trying what you did, I just took them back and stayed with what I had. My favorite thing about those headphones was the little thing that could slide up the ear chords to keep the the ear pieces from getting tangled. I don't understand why they don't put them on all the headphones they make ( well maybe they do, I just haven't bought an iPod in a long time, so I don't know really).

nels0360
Oct 8, 2004, 11:58 PM
I had the same problem is well. Don't even try them is my advice. I picked up a pair of the white MDR-EX71SL made by Sony. I got mine from Japan, but they should be available in the US now. They will cost you about $45, but it's worth it. The sound is unbelievable and they fit perfectly.

evilgEEk
Oct 9, 2004, 12:39 AM
I've been thinking about getting the in-ear headphones for a while now. The earbuds that come with the iPod hurt my ears like crazy, but it's all I've got so I have to put up with it since I can't wear regular headphones when I ride my bike.

The reason why I haven't bought any is because I was worried about what you folks are talking about, them falling out. So how do the Sony in-ear differ from Apple's?

PlaceofDis
Oct 9, 2004, 12:44 AM
the sony ones are rounder, whereas the apple ones slope and just dont stay, so i would get a pair of the sony's that i mentioned in my first post

Chaszmyr
Oct 9, 2004, 12:53 AM
Apple's in-ear headphones were the only ones I ever tried, and I hated them. The sound was EXTREMELY effected by how far in or out of your ear they were, and they just wouldn't stay in. I took them back the next day.