Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuck81

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
Western Kentucky
No love?

All told the game is just simply brilliant. I was expecting a lot and received even more. My poor Wii hasn't been played much in the past year, but I may have to dust it off. The First full world of Galaxy 2 showed more variety, brilliance and pure fun than any of the PS3 games I bought.

It really is that good....

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It's not out here for another month, grumblemumble. Very excited for it though. The first console game I've been interested in for a while!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I would be showing it tons of love if it was available here :(. Though the Wii is region locked, right? Means I won't get it until my next trip back to the States. Sigh.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
United States
I played it for the first time last night. Seems like it will be a very interesting game, but I swear the camera angle is causing me some mild motion sickness.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I dare say the gameplay is actually better than SMG 1. It’s the best platformer I’ve played in years.

They redid the map system and at least so far (I’m only on World 3) you’re not stuck playing the same stage five or six times which became really repetitive in SMG 1.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I say this game fully surpasses SMG1. I'm only on world 2 and the level design is amazing so far (that cloud flower world: awesome).

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
At the end of the World 4 now, this game just gets better and better. I'm loving the Luigi character switch out. The galaxies are very creative and well done.

You can tell they had time to polish this (the original release date was pushed back because of New Super Mario Bros.), not that I expected anything less from a Mario game.

When they first announced it, I was really worried but it's really umm fantastic.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I played this for a few yesterday! FREAKING WOW! :eek:

Yoshi is awesome! :D Anyways, I was going to wait, since I have yet to complete the first, but not any more, I'm picking it up next time I'm out.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
It's not out here for another month, grumblemumble. Very excited for it though. The first console game I've been interested in for a while!

Every game here in the UK is like that. The Australians get it after us a lot of the time, so they have to wait even longer :)

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
I didn't buy SMG1 but bought SMG2 and HOCRAP is it awesome! I spent seven hours playing it the first day... Yes, I have no life and yes, I cursed the Wii when it kept track of my time. Was not happy. Colorful, fun, different... It's worth the 10/10 rating and the $50 in your wallet.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Bought it. It's almost 8pm and I won't be able to play it till tomorrow since all the good TVs are being used :mad:. It's so lovely looking. Came with a DVD and T-shirt too.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh wow this game. I'm halfway into World 2 at the mo and every minute has been fantastic. The learning curve is really quite steep too and about time a Mario game was challenging.

The music is all over the place though. Some tracks are orchestrated, sweeping and brilliant. Others are midi and just don't have catchy Mario melodies.

Definitely better than the first - which is no easy accomplishment.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I just beat it the other day. Amazing game, I liked it a lot more than the first one. The best part: after you beat it there's a bonus world!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I beat the first half last night with 70 stars. It was really fun. A lot of the later levels are really challenging.

The majority of the stars I have left are the stupid comets and waggle mini-games (race the flying bird, collect the purple coins, complete the stage before the time clock ends, etc). Not sure if I really care to complete all of those.

I was surprised there weren’t 8 worlds. Bowser’s castle at the end of World 6 was kind of a let down (as in so soon into the game, not the stage).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.