PDA

View Full Version : Mi-Stylus Ordered, Anyone try it yet?

DctrJ
May 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
I just ordered the Mi-Stylus from their website. Looks like a promising accessory for Penultimate and Audionote. $11.00 US from GB. has any tried it yet or read any reviews?

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mi-stylus-sg.jpg

Friscohoya
May 26, 2010, 12:52 PM
Looks promising. Keep us posted.

orlandocano
May 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Please keep us posted!!!!! That really looks like a good option from the picture you posted!!!!

shamalam
May 26, 2010, 03:50 PM
i got a similar one from eBay for 2. It had a rubber tip, shaped like this one. I'm afraid it was horrible. the rubber made it drag on the screen and it would register on the the screen only if the whole angled surface was in contact.

hope this one is better

sracer
May 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
i got a similar one from eBay for 2. It had a rubber tip, shaped like this one. I'm afraid it was horrible. the rubber made it drag on the screen and it would register on the the screen only if the whole angled surface was in contact.

hope this one is better
That was my thought too. It works fine on my MBP's touchpad (less friction).

orlandocano
Jun 1, 2010, 09:19 AM
OP, any impressions of the product so far???

DctrJ
Jun 1, 2010, 10:41 AM
I'm still waiting on mine. The manufacturer said they were not prepared for the numbers that have been ordered and that mine would ship on 6/2. I'll update as soon as I receive it.

RubbishBBspeed
Jun 1, 2010, 12:49 PM
How long until Mountblanc produce one of these for the wags and wanna-be-celebs? albeit with a $600 price tag.

SteveWTW
Jun 1, 2010, 05:14 PM
Got mine but I'm afraid the news it not good. The problem is that the whole angled surface needs to be in contact with the screen for it to work. Therefore the angle you hold the pen in it critical. I'm sending mine back.

jkrutch
Jun 1, 2010, 06:58 PM
Got mine but I'm afraid the news it not good. The problem is that the whole angled surface needs to be in contact with the screen for it to work. Therefore the angle you hold the pen in it critical. I'm sending mine back.

Is there any company out there that understands what the iPad community is looking for in a stylus? We want a pointy-tipped stylus that feels just like a pen. Why is this such an impossibility????? So frustrating....

MadDog31
Jun 1, 2010, 07:20 PM
Is there any company out there that understands what the iPad community is looking for in a stylus? We want a pointy-tipped stylus that feels just like a pen. Why is this such an impossibility????? So frustrating....

I think it's more of a touchscreen limitation than anything else, am I right? Either way, I agree with this sentiment. Or I'd at least something that's pointier than what's out there now...it doesn't have to be as sharp as a pencil. In fact I don't really want it to be b/c of scratch or ghosting possibilities.

I'm simply looking for something innovative that allows for thinner lines. TenOne really has to get the ball rolling on these "new products" they keep saying they can't announce yet.

I want to start writing notes on my iPad some, but would like to not do it with the current crop of styluses that are out there right now.

cc2096
Jun 3, 2010, 05:30 AM
I bought one and as the other's have said it's not a great experience. So far I haven't found a single stylus that really "works" with the iPad.

Neous
Jun 3, 2010, 07:53 AM
Make your own stylus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqU_8fvkopM&feature=related

jkrutch
Jun 3, 2010, 07:56 AM
Make your own stylus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqU_8fvkopM&feature=related

Have you not read the posts on this thread? We want a pointy tipped stylus like a pen...not a ball of steel wool at the end of an old pencil.....

SVT Amateur
Jun 3, 2010, 07:59 AM
Have you not read the posts on this thread? We want a pointy tipped stylus like a pen...not a ball of steel wool at the end of an old pencil.....

Thanks bro, you made me lol.

jkrutch
Jun 3, 2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks bro, you made me lol.

WTF???? Why can't a company out there make a freaking stylus that feels like a regular pen?

I can imagine going into a meeting with my new iPad and then taking out a "homemade" stylus made from an old pencil and masking tape with a ball of steel wool at the end....that would look really professional.

Neous
Jun 3, 2010, 08:15 AM

I guess i can't count on you to give me the "forum contributor" approval. lol

the point which you totaly missed is this;
they can make their own stylus albeit a little ghetto and all, but it can be done to one's satisfaction.
and since i suspect the steel wool to be flexible you can shape it as you wish. And with a little imagination you can make a ball of steel wool or as pointy as you need

and until some company gets the memo and produces it. your options are to either make your own (to your liking) or keep emailing those companies asking for release date of the perfect stylus.

peapody
Jun 4, 2010, 12:50 PM
WTF???? Why can't a company out there make a freaking stylus that feels like a regular pen?

Man..take it easy. It is just a stylus haha.

cmascatello
Jun 9, 2010, 05:00 PM
I just got one of these in the mail and, I must agree with the other posters. The stylus is not functional with just the tip area -- the entire beveled area needs to be touching the screen. On top of that, the rubber material that is used for the tip has a noticeable drag on the iPad screen (both with a PS Crystal film and on the bare glass).

I would say that the Boxwave stylus is the best option on the market right now. But I would jump all over a model that have a pointy tip and conveyed a "pen-like" feel.