PDA

View Full Version : Baby smokes 40 cigs a day...

damson34
May 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
You have got to be kidding me...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37358499#37358499

Hellhammer
May 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
That's ridiculous... Lung cancer before puberty? LOL

yg17
May 26, 2010, 11:52 AM
That's ridiculous... Lung cancer before puberty? LOL

If he keeps it up, he'll be dead before he hits puberty. The effects of a 2 year old smoking 40 a day have to be greater than an adult smoking 40 a day.

tikidoc
May 26, 2010, 12:01 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that is child abuse and the kid needs to be taken away from the parents. Forget bribing them with a car.

eawmp1
May 26, 2010, 12:06 PM
"he gets angry when we take them away"
"I know he is a tad overweight from the smoking" -his 30 year-old father

Here we are folks...winner of the parent of the year.
Take the child into protective custody and sterilize the parents.

Hellhammer
May 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
If he keeps it up, he'll be dead before he hits puberty. The effects of a 2 year old smoking 40 a day have to be greater than an adult smoking 40 a day.

Possibly due some kind of a lung disease e.g. cancer plus the fact that his lungs can't develop due tar

ucfgrad93
May 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
As far as I'm concerned, that is child abuse and the kid needs to be taken away from the parents. Forget bribing them with a car.

Agreed, this is awful.

roadbloc
May 26, 2010, 12:23 PM
This is very disheartening. I can actually say, I am shocked, and rather appalled. I'm glad I quit. How much must I cost the parents? 40 cigs a day. That's not cheap.

I feel sorry for the poor child. The question is, how was this addiction started?

Hellhammer
May 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
This is very disheartening. I can actually say, I am shocked, and rather appalled. I'm glad I quit. How much must I cost the parents? 40 cigs a day. That's not cheap.

I feel sorry for the poor child. The question is, how was this addiction started?

I guess his parents plied him ciggies, maybe to make him "famous" and get money by doing that. Cigs aren't expensive in poor countries and what I've seen and heard, most ads are about tobacco and they are focused for kids as the addiction is stronger if you start younger (=more money to tobacco companies)

TuffLuffJimmy
May 26, 2010, 12:32 PM
That's pretty funny!

xlii
May 26, 2010, 01:43 PM
Waiting for the cigarette companies to comment on this....

Waiting...

"I'd crawl a mile for a camel..."

- for those old enough to remember the camel cigarette ads, (I'd walk a mile for a camel)."

MrCheeto
May 26, 2010, 01:51 PM
Look at him twirling that thing and going after it like it's oxygen. So that's how babies react to an addiction...

At any rate, just yesterday I saw a pair of Billy Bob trailer trash hauling around their baby in a busted up primer and beetle-blue Taurus smoking it up like a forgotten rock star. The fact that any person could subject an innocent child to something like that and not even feel the SLIGHTEST guilt is just...I never knew humans could really have NO compassion, I mean even Hitler felt bad about what he was doing.

I memorized their license plate, I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do about it. I'd only be happy if these two expletives could never "care" for a child again, but then again, relieving them of their baby would be relieving them of a burden too.

Sequin
May 26, 2010, 02:00 PM
What is this I don't even.... o_o

obeygiant
May 26, 2010, 02:34 PM
Stop buying the cigs for the kid! Hello McFly?

Elixer
May 26, 2010, 02:55 PM
Wow, I don't get it. The 30 year old father is being controlled by a two year old... Grow a pair and step up and stop buying the cigs. It's not like he can go buy his own...

Wait... that would be the follow up story. Baby jacks dad's car and robs a bank to buy cigarette company after dad stops buying them for him.

MrCheeto
May 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
Throw in Patrick Swayze and you've got yourself a corny action movie blockbuster!

And maybe Arnold baby...
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/4905/original/Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.JPG?1247000312

Mac'nCheese
May 26, 2010, 02:59 PM
Do the parents know how unhealthy it is for a two year old to be that over weight?

tikidoc
May 26, 2010, 02:59 PM
That's pretty funny!

I cannot understand how anyone could find this even remotely funny. Pathetic? Sure. Infuriating? Yup. Funny? Not by a long shot. These "parents" need the child taken away from them, and they need to be put in jail.

citizenzen
May 26, 2010, 03:02 PM
Look at him twirling that thing and going after it like it's oxygen. So that's how babies react to an addiction...

Surprisingly similar to adults it would seem. That's what struck me... how at ease he was with it.

That and how utterly idiotic his parents are.

MrCheeto
May 26, 2010, 03:04 PM
Seems so natural...I wonder if he's ever sucked on the wrong end of that thing 0.o

roadbloc
May 26, 2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2987307/First-shocking-pictures-of-smoking-toddler-Ardi-Rizal.html

Found an article on it.

MrCheeto
May 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
Look at that scar on his head. Something tells me this isn't the first time his parents have treated him like a dog.

In my time in Mexico I was consciously looking for somebody that didn't have a gouge in their head. Besides the people who had long hair or a hat, you can always spot a small hairless knothole, up top. My dad, born in Guanajuato, has four from before he can remember.

Besides that, the parents just let their kids run free in the streets. Driving down the villages, you have to cuss the kids to get off your truck.

Third-world-nation parents just don't have enough in life to care about their kids. It's so much easier to just cast them off and hope they'll feed your ass when you're bed-ridden.

RawBert
May 26, 2010, 03:38 PM
That's F'd up. Poor goddamn kid. I bet his dumb ass parents thought it was SO CUTE that an 18 month old was smoking his first cig. Aww. Well, look at him now! :mad: He can't go more that a few minutes without. :rolleyes: And to say that "he gets angry when they're taken away" - $#%^@&*!

I say: burn the parents eyes out with a few cigs then put a bullet in their temples.

I cannot believe the government over there is offering them a reward if the kid quits. I guess there's no law against child abuse. :mad:

AhmedFaisal
May 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
Natural selection @ at work.........

Reminds me of Baby Herman from Roger Rabbit.....

Ahmed

zami
May 26, 2010, 04:17 PM
That's F'd up. Poor goddamn kid. I bet his dumb ass parents thought it was SO CUTE that an 18 month old was smoking his first cig. Aww. Well, look at him now! :mad: He can't go more that a few minutes without. :rolleyes: And to say that "he gets angry when they're taken away" - $#%^@&*!

I say: burn the parents eyes out with a few cigs then put a bullet in their temples.

I cannot believe the government over there is offering them a reward if the kid quits. I guess there's no law against child abuse. :mad:

The government are doing the right thing offering the parents a reward. Life is hard in Indonesia, but as a privileged (and blood thirsty) Westerner you probably can't understand that.

Indonesia Raya, merdeka, merdeka!
Tanahku, negeriku, yang kucinta
Indonesia Raya, merdeka, merdeka!
Hiduplah Indonesia Raya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvyLkdl1_s&feature=related

[edit]

pooryou
May 26, 2010, 04:25 PM
It's easy to control what a two year old does so the parents are obviously doing this on purpose.

Two year olds are going to throw tantrums anyway so that is hardly an excuse for anything.

I say arrest the parents and put the kid somewhere he will be taken care of properly.

Chris 123
May 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
kid should get a job. haha

jk, this is terrible.:eek:

RawBert
May 26, 2010, 04:44 PM
blood thirsty
Damn right!

citizenzen
May 26, 2010, 04:54 PM
...as a privileged (and blood thirsty) Westerner you probably can't understand that.

Damn right!

Most people wouldn't see that as a compliment. :rolleyes:

RawBert
May 26, 2010, 05:02 PM
Most people wouldn't see that as a compliment. :rolleyes:

I ain't most peeplz.

TuffLuffJimmy
May 26, 2010, 05:54 PM
I cannot understand how anyone could find this even remotely funny. Pathetic? Sure. Infuriating? Yup. Funny? Not by a long shot. These "parents" need the child taken away from them, and they need to be put in jail.

There's gnarly stuff going on all over Indonesia and you're getting your panties in a bundle over one smoking baby?

damson34
May 26, 2010, 06:25 PM
There's gnarly stuff going on all over Indonesia and you're getting your panties in a bundle over one smoking baby?

Over ONE smoking baby?!? How many are their?!? Of course it is a big deal. Its child neglect at the least if not abuse!!!

damson34
May 26, 2010, 06:27 PM
Do the parents know how unhealthy it is for a two year old to be that over weight?

That's what you take from this story??? How unhealthy it is for him to be over weight?? HAHA Jk

TuffLuffJimmy
May 26, 2010, 06:30 PM
Over ONE smoking baby?!? How many are their?!? Of course it is a big deal. Its child neglect at the least if not abuse!!!

Then go do something about it if you're so upset.

damson34
May 26, 2010, 06:32 PM
Then go do something about it if you're so upset.

The fact that you are not upset about it is the problem with some people... Show's how little people actually care about life...

DoFoT9
May 26, 2010, 06:55 PM
thats kind of scary!:eek:

tikidoc
May 26, 2010, 07:31 PM

As compared to the people on this board getting their panties in a wad over iPad cases? Yes, I happen to think the health of an innocent child is important. And yes, I think this is clearly a case of child abuse. But what I was getting my "panties in a wad" over was the insensitive jerk who thought that a case of child abuse was "funny". Oh, gee, was that you?

Antares
May 26, 2010, 11:28 PM
Sad as it is, that video is kind of funny.

There's also this one, which, who knows if real?

baby tries to smoke (http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/2/Smoking-baby-446077.html)

And don't cigarettes usually make you thin, not fat?

GSMiller
May 27, 2010, 01:11 AM
"This video is no longer available"

Well THANK YOU, NBC! You could have told me that before I had to sit through an ad for Off! mosquito repellant! :rolleyes:

ihaveNFC
May 27, 2010, 09:42 AM
"This video is no longer available"

Found it here. (http://video.foxnews.com/v/4215425/smoking-baby/?playlist_id=86857)

EDIT: Very weird, now it's "unavailable" too.

Antares
May 27, 2010, 10:26 AM
The video has been pulled of Youtube, too.

MacBoobsPro
May 27, 2010, 10:35 AM
I had a 'frash' so gave up. Thats a crash caused by Flash but I'm sure everybody knew that? ;)

iBlue
May 27, 2010, 10:36 AM
^ The video worked for me. *shrug*

That really is demented. Who the hell even thinks to give a baby cigarettes?

MrCheeto
May 27, 2010, 10:40 AM
Poverty humor?

You know, like how rednecks have those stupid ass t-shirts that say things like, "I've got the body of a god, sadly it's buddha," and Dale Earnhart jackets.

They blow cigarette smoke in their dog's ears to watch them writhe and even give them beer and spook them. As well, in my time in Mexico, I saw some people tie a rooster off to a dog's collar and laugh as they went at it. They were the poor farmer type.

I guess when you're just hopelessly poor, it's funny to make other things miserable?

rdowns
May 27, 2010, 10:55 AM
The video has been pulled of Youtube, too.

How ridiculous. Every network aired the story with video.

Gregg2
May 27, 2010, 12:32 PM
That's pretty funny!Not in the least.

Do the parents know how unhealthy it is for a two year old to be that over weight?In response to such an observation, the father is said to have replied, "He looks healthy to me!"

And don't cigarettes usually make you thin, not fat?I don't have any statistics, put I've seen plenty of overweight people sucking tar and nicotine sticks.

TuffLuffJimmy
May 27, 2010, 12:34 PM
Not in the least.
I respectfully disagree. It's the first bit of light hearted humor to come to these forums in a while.

Gregg2
May 27, 2010, 07:26 PM
You might very well be the only person on the planet with that perspective. :rolleyes:

ravenvii
May 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
I respectfully disagree. It's the first bit of light hearted humor to come to these forums in a while.

Am I missing something? Or perhaps you're posting in the wrong thread in error?

Because I see nothing funny about this, and absolutely nothing light-hearted, either.

darkplanets
May 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
I would normally say this is natural selection at work, but the parents aren't reaping any consequences for their (or the baby's) actions, and subsequently won't be killed for being so stupid. Therefore Darwin fails on this example, unless somebody does us all a favor and puts a nice fat one in their temples.

Can't say Darwinism really applies to the baby either... I can't really hold a mere child who is barely able to form congruent thoughts accountable to evolutionary trends; once older, now that's a different story.

With that said, the sick part in me does find this a little funny, especially all of the imagery involved. But I digress, as most of us will simply repress this little inkling of a thought.

Jaro65
May 28, 2010, 02:44 AM
This is sad.

AAPLaday
May 28, 2010, 02:50 AM
I guess Don Draper (http://www.amctv.com:80/originals/madmen/cast/ddraper) was just too good at his job ...

roadbloc
May 28, 2010, 03:57 AM
I don't have any statistics, put I've seen plenty of overweight people sucking tar and nicotine sticks.

Thats really odd, because I've actually put on weight since I've quit. :confused:
I guess it just effects people in different ways. And it may also depend on how many you smoke. I used smoke about 15 a day. I think I got to 36 on a really boring day, and that was the most I ever smoked in one day.

iBlue
May 28, 2010, 04:40 AM
Thats really odd, because I've actually put on weight since I've quit. :confused:
I guess it just effects people in different ways. And it may also depend on how many you smoke. I used smoke about 15 a day. I think I got to 36 on a really boring day, and that was the most I ever smoked in one day.

That could be because you didn't smoke enough to cause your lungs the sort of damage that would slow you down physically. To the average - light smoker who doesn't massively overeat a little weight gain after quitting seems normal. It's the ones who overeat and then can't hardly take a few steps without getting winded that have a big problem. That seems to be the case with this child.

Gregg2
May 28, 2010, 08:08 AM

Not odd when you read what it was in response to. You don't seriously think that there aren't any overweight people who smoke. I was just making the observation that smoking, in and of itself, is not the primary cause of a person being thin or fat. Now, going from being a smoker to a non-smoker will often affect weight. I'm not sure if it's as much of a factor going the other way. In other words, don't go on a smoker's diet! :eek:

ValSalva
May 30, 2010, 06:45 AM
I would normally say this is natural selection at work, but the parents aren't reaping any consequences for their (or the baby's) actions, and subsequently won't be killed for being so stupid. Therefore Darwin fails on this example, unless somebody does us all a favor and puts a nice fat one in their temples.

Can't say Darwinism really applies to the baby either... I can't really hold a mere child who is barely able to form congruent thoughts accountable to evolutionary trends; once older, now that's a different story.

With that said, the sick part in me does find this a little funny, especially all of the imagery involved. But I digress, as most of us will simply repress this little inkling of a thought.

It's all Darwinism really. The parents won't pass on their genetic material to an offspring who will reproduce. The baby obviously will not have any reproductive advantage, assuming he even lives to reproduce. It's all about survival to reproduce not necessarily survival of the fittest.

Nevertheless, it is very sad. If this were in the US the parents would be accused of child abuse and have the kid taken away. Rightly in this sad case.

Frisco
May 30, 2010, 07:27 PM
Anyone you believed the original video was real is a fool. It was obviously a hoax!

Wake up people!

May 30, 2010, 07:49 PM
Very disturbing to say the least.

Gregg2
May 30, 2010, 08:24 PM
Anyone you believed the original video was real is a fool. It was obviously a hoax!

Actually, I've been waiting to hear that story since last posting in this thread. It didn't occur to me right away that it might be fake, maybe because their were "quotes" included from the kid's Dad. But, you're probably right. The kid handled the thing like a pro. But then I thought, who lit it? How does the kid not to burn himself? etc. etc.

But, you're a bit harsh. Gullible, yes. The media all bought into it. I'd think by now they've tried to verify the story. Maybe they're all just too embarrassed to admit they were taken.

Mac'nCheese
May 31, 2010, 10:12 AM
If that's a fake, that the best cgi fat smoking baby ever created. Makes ILM work look like ****. Now, maybe if they can make that fat bastard dance, the you-tube hits will be epic.

Gregg2
Jun 1, 2010, 08:49 AM
Latest report: parents say they have both stopped smoking, and have managed to restrict the kid's daily intake by several cigs. The report also says that it is common for kids there to smoke, but usually from age five, not two! The people there are just not aware of the health risks of smoking.

mscriv
Jun 2, 2010, 09:38 AM
Mom Forces 5-Year-Old to Smoke Cigarette and Run Continuously
An East Tennessee woman is accused of forcing her 5-year-old son to smoke a cigarette, to teach him a lesson. But now authorities intend to teach the mother a lesson, by charging her with child abuse.

Carter County Deputy Cory Tidwell said that in response to a complaint by a witness, he stopped Jordan Paige Hensley in a car, and she told him she had forced her son to smoke a cigarette because "she was teaching him not to smoke."

Tidwell told the Johnson City Press that the 24-year-old Hensley was arrested Tuesday night on charges of child abuse and neglect, disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana.

JohnsonCityPress.com reported that in addition to the cigarette incident, Tidwell said he also saw the child running around and his mother screaming at him to keep running. He stated the child fell to the ground screaming that he couldn't keep running, but his mother jerked him up and ordered him to keep on going.

Hensley was being held on a $12,500 bond.

LINK (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20004836-504083.html) WARNING - scary mugshot alert

Why did it have to be my home state?!? :(

iRance
Jun 2, 2010, 10:18 PM
There should be a law that you need an IQ of over than 10 to have a baby.

MrCheeto
Jun 2, 2010, 10:39 PM
Well we have to be sensitive to da poor widdle widiots, and that would vwiolate their human wights.

I'm sick of this. When can we say, "**** you, idiot," and get on with furthering society?!

Gregg2
Jun 3, 2010, 08:42 AM
There should be a law that you need an IQ of over than 10 to have a baby.

Wouldn't be enforceable. Maybe to raise a child... (bad grammar, but "rear" sounds weird)

longball11
Jun 10, 2010, 11:32 PM
unfortunate. Rehabilitation..for the baby AND parents.

rdowns
Jun 11, 2010, 05:10 AM
Saw an article yesterday (too lazy to go look) that the kid is down to 15 a day. :rolleyes:

Mac'nCheese
Jun 11, 2010, 07:43 AM
Saw an article yesterday (too lazy to go look) that the kid is down to 15 a day. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, he gained another 30 pounds. Risks of quitting smoking do include weight gain.....

elhazard9000
Jun 14, 2010, 06:33 PM
those parents should be thrown in jail ASAP. Freaks.

Gregg2
Jun 14, 2010, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately, he gained another 30 pounds. Risks of quitting smoking do include weight gain.....

Well, he's still a baby. They grow.

benflick
Jun 17, 2010, 10:32 AM
I'll admit, I laughed when I saw this on Inside Edition (or Access Hollywood-I can't remember).
If the little bastard wants to smoke, let him. When he is diagnosed with emphysema and oral cancer before he turns ten, tell him he knew the consequences. The only downfall to that plan being the parents having to pay for his addiction.

Mac'nCheese
Sep 3, 2010, 01:11 PM
According to MSNBC, the kid has kicked the habit!

anjinha
Sep 3, 2010, 03:09 PM
I'll admit, I laughed when I saw this on Inside Edition (or Access Hollywood-I can't remember).
If the little bastard wants to smoke, let him. When he is diagnosed with emphysema and oral cancer before he turns ten, tell him he knew the consequences. The only downfall to that plan being the parents having to pay for his addiction.

He's a baby, how the hell does he know the consequences???

damson34
Sep 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah it says he has completely kicked the habit and does not ask for a cig but apparently it shrunk his brain. Sad. In a little light heartedness I fell crappy that a two year old can quit smoking and I cant.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02/smoking-baby-reportedly-has-quit/

iPhysicist
Sep 19, 2010, 06:19 PM
Third-world-nation parents just don't have enough in life to care about their kids. It's so much easier to just cast them off and hope they'll feed your ass when you're bed-ridden.

And the west has TV to raise their children, nice. Do not judge people without BEING them.

TuffLuffJimmy
Sep 19, 2010, 11:49 PM
That's too bad. I had hoped the child would smoke until the day he died as sort of a "**** you" to the rest of the world.

damson34
Sep 20, 2010, 12:30 AM
That is just wrong.

That's too bad. I had hoped the child would smoke until the day he died as sort of a "**** you" to the rest of the world.

roadbloc
Sep 20, 2010, 10:58 AM

You have issues.

annk
Sep 21, 2010, 12:56 AM
I think this discussion has run its course now.