PDA

View Full Version : Apple accesories in Chicago

Swiss Apple
May 26, 2010, 03:18 PM
Hey all,

I will be in the windy City next week and would love to test and buy a few bits and pieces for my iPad (arriving this Friday). Apart from the Apple Store, are there any other 'must see' stores in the Chicago area?

Cheers

mac jones
May 26, 2010, 03:44 PM
You have the usual suspects:

The Apple store, Microcenter, Best Buy, Fry's (30 minutes outside of town)

The only time i've seen Apple specialty stores is when there isn't an Apple store in the town, but they might be there, just haven't seen them.

Daremo
May 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
You have the usual suspects:

The Apple store, Microcenter, Best Buy, Fry's (30 minutes outside of town)

The only time i've seen Apple specialty stores is when there isn't an Apple store in the town, but they might be there, just haven't seen them.

I second all of those choices as well. Microcenter has a good mac section, but not much in iPads products YET.

Enjoy Chicago! It's a great city!

ReallyBigFeet
May 26, 2010, 04:53 PM
If you head west from downtown to Oakbrook, you can hit the Apple Store (Oakbrook Center), Fry's (Lombard) and Microcenter (Lisle off of Ogden) all within a 3-mile radius of one another. Makes for easy shopping.

ReallyBigFeet
May 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
I had some time to kill in Oakbrook yesterday so went to Fry's and Microcenter both myself. I thought I'd give you a couple of snapshots to help you spend your time wisely. The iPad accessory selection at both stores is pretty weak. Microcenter had 2 racks of pretty lame cases/covers, although they do carry the Pogo stylii. Fry's is even worse.

However, there's a lot of other good reasons to visit either Microcenter or Fry's if you are a computer geek in general. They both carry items you just can't find anywhere else. I prefer Microcenter as its more focused on computer and software. Fry's is a hodgepodge of consumer electronics...including radio-shack-esque aisles of diodes and electronic parts.

Daremo
May 28, 2010, 07:35 PM
I had some time to kill in Oakbrook yesterday so went to Fry's and Microcenter both myself. I thought I'd give you a couple of snapshots to help you spend your time wisely. The iPad accessory selection at both stores is pretty weak. Microcenter had 2 racks of pretty lame cases/covers, although they do carry the Pogo stylii. Fry's is even worse.

However, there's a lot of other good reasons to visit either Microcenter or Fry's if you are a computer geek in general. They both carry items you just can't find anywhere else. I prefer Microcenter as its more focused on computer and software. Fry's is a hodgepodge of consumer electronics...including radio-shack-esque aisles of diodes and electronic parts.

That's above and beyond for helping someone out. My hat is off to you sir! :)

Moyank24
May 29, 2010, 12:07 AM
That's above and beyond for helping someone out. My hat is off to you sir! :)

+1

Definitely a super nice thing to do!!

MrDeeds
May 29, 2010, 09:07 PM
I'll also add that microcenter would be a great place to stop by.

They also have a great feature on their website where you pick the store location and order an item for pickup or at least know how much stock is at the store.

jzeddy
Jun 1, 2010, 08:28 PM
I was just the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall today around 4:00. They had about a dozen Apple cases "that had just come in."

biosci
Jun 1, 2010, 11:03 PM
:confused:Can't find that darn camera connection kit!