Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
No guarantee that the Touch is getting a camera this year. The title of this thread should be "Who hopes that the Touch is getting a camera this year". The current title indicates that you know there will be a camera in the next gen touch when you know no such thing.

Renator

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If you want the camera then yeah, definitely you should wait.

Personally I have crappy cameras on everything I own already and have no interest in another one, so I grabbed a 32GB model the other day and am loving it.

I completely agree with this. It would just be another crappy camera. For anything decent you will still need to take a higher megapixel camera with you. That is especially true if you want more than just a digital zoom.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have an iPod Touch, 2nd gen...but got an iPod Mini (1st Gen) yesterday. I'm giving the iPod Touch to my mom and will use the Mini for the summer...then if the camera is included in the 4th gen and the price is right then i'll bite that bullet...

Yiako

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2010
Spain
I bought my 3rd gen. three months ago, so I hope there is not going to be a new release in a couple of years... :p

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
I got a steal of a deal on a 5th gen iPod nano video = it was miss marked for $44.99 instead of $144.99 at the store I bought it from... its nice to have but the video camera sucks and I wouldn't have been happy with the purchase had I not gotten such a cheap price for it... camera's in iPods and most phones aren't worth the wait... I'll happily carry my canon TX-1 with me for the need to have a good point and shoot with a compact size and a 10x optical zoom!

ct95

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Me. iPod touch 4th gen has no reason for being if it doesn't have a camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.