PDA

View Full Version : Incipio Kickstand

Moyank24
May 28, 2010, 02:00 AM
I've been thinking about getting the Incipio Kickstand. I have the Macally Bookstand, but I'm having a hard time settling on one case.

Does anyone have one? And if so, would you recommend it?

http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPAD_CASE_IPAD-133/KICKSTANDā-Nylon-Case-for-Apple-iPad---BlackBlack.html

NeuralControl
May 28, 2010, 09:07 AM
I saw their advertisements in the June issue of Mac|Life magazine. The Kickstand really caught my eye. I'd also like to know if anyone has had any experience with this case.

iPad1iPad
May 28, 2010, 11:43 AM
This may help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PVjENwzK4

NeuralControl
May 28, 2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the link.

SchneiderMan
May 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
I don't understand why they decided the kickstand feature will only rely on friction instead of just added small bumps or channels. I can't see how that can affect the design.

Kobra
May 28, 2010, 04:46 PM
I've tried the kickstand at my local Apple store, I would stay clear of it. The kickstand is to thick wile folded for my liking and it is realy flimsy and unstable. The bookstand is better ( I have one)

salbenacci
May 28, 2010, 04:50 PM
I've tried the kickstand at my local Apple store, I would stay clear of it. The kickstand is to thick wile folded for my liking and it is realy flimsy and unstable. The bookstand is better ( I have one)

Totally agree. I had the kickstand and sold it the same day. Adds too much bulk. The bookstand however, is a great case (don't expect too much protection).

Moyank24
May 29, 2010, 12:05 AM

I'm on day 2 of the bookstand, and so far it's been perfect for my needs. I wanted something really thin that would give me a few different angles-for viewing and for typing. Like I said, so far it gets an A.