PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the dock?

A Macbook Pro
May 29, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm thinking if I should get the Apple dock. Apart from the fact that it doesn't work with any cases are there any other flaws I need to know about?

gostan
May 29, 2010, 04:08 AM
I'm thinking if I should get the Apple dock. Apart from the fact that it doesn't work with any cases are there any other flaws I need to know about?
It works fine with my Macally case. Not sure how long the case will hold up,but for now it is doing the trick for me.

Stan

redgaz26
May 29, 2010, 01:56 PM
I bought a leather case from incase. Quite expensive 50 but cheaper than the apple case plus the dock which came to 55.
And it's actually better than the dock I think. I'm typing this just now on it and the case is holding the iPad at a great angle for typing. There's 3 different slots on the case depending on which angle you prefer !!!

redgaz26
May 29, 2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/convertible-book-jacket-cl57512

Only $60 so Christ knows how apple charge 50 but it's a great case!

musicpenguy
May 29, 2010, 02:07 PM
I like the dock - I do have to take off the case for it to work - but the Apple case now comes on and off quite easily now.

eTip
May 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
With all of my previous iPhones / iPods, I found myself using the docks frequently and usually kept a few at home, one at work an even one in the car. With the iPad, I prefer a stand because I find myself wanting to switch between portrait and landscape more frequently. With the improved battery life, I don't feel the need to keep it plugged in all the time. When it does need charging, I can still keep it in my stand with the charging cable plugged in on the side or top (iPad sitting in the stand "upside down"). I guess the ability to turn the iPad upside down and making the 30-pin connector more accessible is one of the main reasons that I find the dock less necessary. Oh, and then final reason I don't want the Apple dock is that I have a TPU case that I love but would need to be removed to use the dock.

In short, my recommendation is to hold off on getting a dock until you know how you are going to use the iPad.

KENTW
May 29, 2010, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know if the dock can be used with other apple products? I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch and would be good if i could use the iPad doc for both devices?